Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notsoepicworm07
Level 7

it keeps stopping

my Roku thing (not tv) will stop any streaming like YouTube and Hulu I did a restart, disabled the bandwidth saver, I even did a factory reset and its still happening. the streaming stops every few mins   

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DBDukes
Level 15

Re: it keeps stopping

@notsoepicworm07 wrote:

my Roku thing (not tv) will stop any streaming like YouTube and Hulu I did a restart, disabled the bandwidth saver, I even did a factory reset and its still happening. the streaming stops every few mins   

Which Roku "thing" do you have? Include the model number.

One other question: What's the behavior of the stopping of the streaming? Does the machine reboot? Does it simply return to the Home screen? If that, is there a beep associated with it? Does an error message appear? Anything you can tell us, describing what is happening, would be helpful.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
madlmas
Level 7

I have the Roku express and I’m having the same issue —for 4 straight days now!

It starts streaming and after about 10 seconds goes back to the Home Screen.  Nothing I have attempted to do, including resetting has work!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

@madlmas and @notsoepicworm07 : Are your Roku devices powered by plugging into a USB port on your television or some other device? The ports on many televisions only supply 0.5 amp or less, which is not enough to power a Roku reliably.

It is recommended that you power your Roku device via the power adapter that came with it, plugged into your house power. If you no longer have the USB power adapter that came with your device, you may have another one handy from another device that can be used -- just make sure the tiny print on it confirms it has a 5 volt dc output of at least 1 amp.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
notsoepicworm07
Level 7

no it does not beep. when it stops it just goes back to the home screen

fcc id:tc2-r1027

ic: 5959a-r1025

model: 3930x sn: s0092058eugm

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@notsoepicworm07

Thanks for the information.

As @makaiguy previously mentioned, how are you powering your Roku device? Is the device plugged into your TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos