Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frango
Level 8

is there a way i can authenticate services like HBO online since there is no keyboard for the TV?

Setting up my new TCL. Entering in my email and passsword using the remote for every service I have is ridiculously tedious. Can I sign in to these online via roku so i can use a keyboard?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
boogernose
Level 18

Re: is there a way i can authenticate services like HBO online since there is no keyboard for the TV

Yes. You should only need to sign in once on the RokuTV.

If you have a computer you can go to the sight Hulu for example

and subscribe through the net directly.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
frango
Level 8

Re: is there a way i can authenticate services like HBO online since there is no keyboard for the TV

thanks.

I've never had Roku, but have various subscriptions to hbo, hulu, netflix etc. I went to Roku.com then to the channel store and then to HBO but it simply tells me HBO is already installed. if i choose HBO from the Roku channel online it offers me a 7 day free trial.  So how do I get to where it asks me to sign in to my existing HBO account?

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Does the HBO channel show up on your Roku/TV?  If you add something from the Roku website it won't show up immediately.  You can either reboot/unplug it or go to Settings->System->System update and check for updates.  It should be added to your home screen as the last channel.  Launch the channel and there should be a way to authenticate.

0 Kudos
frango
Level 8

yes it shows up on roku TV but does not allow me to treat it as a paid subscription. when i go to manage subscriptions I see netflix and hulu. it allows me to enter credentials for netflix. How can i add an existing subscription to that?

0 Kudos
frango
Level 8

the answer may be to use one of the roku remote apps for my phone that has a keyboard. will try that next

boogernose
Level 18

That should work as well.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos