Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikescat300
Level 7

is hbo max free

I am reluctant to sign up for HBO MAX because it doesn't say if it is free or not.  If I press add channel am I automatically billed.  And what the **bleep** is going on with their customer support.  They apparently can't be bothered to offer customer support. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MoviesProbably
Level 10

Re: is hbo max free

No. It's $14.99 a month. 

0 Kudos
RyanPm40
Level 9

Adding the channel does the same thing as adding any other channel - it installs it for free, but when you launch it, it will ask you to sign in with your paid account. Just like Netflix, Hulu, Prime, etc.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

HBO has mentioned offering some content at a lower cost with commercials, and perhaps even a free version with limits to the content. But so far it's all talk. You either need an HBO subscription through a provider, such as a cable or satellite company, or with a direct subscription with HBO. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos