Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
estillcrew

invalid mvpd/requestor combination

Jump to solution

I have been able to watch lifetime for months, but it suddenly stopped. I am in the middle of a season of a show, and when it goes to the next episode, it says invalid mvpd/requestor combination". What does this mean and how do I fix the issue so I can continue watching this show? I am not having this issue with any other channel. Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: invalid mvpd/requestor combination

Jump to solution

@estillcrew

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's error messages and functionality, you'll want to contact Lifetime support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Lifetime support here: https://support.mylifetime.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@estillcrew

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's error messages and functionality, you'll want to contact Lifetime support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Lifetime support here: https://support.mylifetime.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm getting this on the History channel and I can't figure out how to fix it.  This error code won't let me watch shows I have watched in the past.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@findingmyzen, make sure you check for updates from Settings->System->System update->Check now.

If you're only having a problem with one particular channel/app the usual thing to try is:

• Remove the channel - highlight it on the Home Screen and choose Remove channel
  • Restart your Roku - unplug the power or restart it from Settings->System->System restart or Settings->System->Power->System restart if it's a RokuTV (do not skip this step!)
  • Add the channel again from Streaming Channels
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
inaleab

Jump to solution

We're having the same problem with the History channel.  We watch it all the time and suddenly it says "invalid mvpd/requestor combination"    I tried removing the channel, restarting Roku and adding the channel but that didn't fix it.  Anyone have any other solutions?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@inaleab

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact History support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DJS1

Jump to solution

OK, having the same invalid requestor error message on the History channel.  I understand that this may not be an issue with Roku but has anyone heard a solution from History Channel on what the fix is?  I too have deleted the app, restart, reload the app and checked for updates and no luck.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @DJS1

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How to resolve a channel playback issue 

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
2Blessed

Jump to solution

I went to settings and signed out of provider and repeated the sign in process and it worked. 

0 Kudos