Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BP2
Level 7

Re: iHeart radio doesn't launch

Jump to solution

Same thing here... did a software update search on the roku - everything is up to date - rebooted Roku - didn't fix it.  

UPDATE:  **software update for Roku app (made available mid-day on Monday, 2 December)  which was *not* available earlier today - but is available now - fixed my problem**

Thanks for posting this... I won't waste more time on it... try again tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for the note. The iHeartRadio team has been investigating this to help get this resolved. Please try visiting Settings>System>System update>Check now and check for another system update. You might also try removing the iHeartRadio channel, restarting your device, then installing then channel again after restarting. 

If you are still encountering the issue, please follow up with iHeartRadio support directly for more help here: https://help.iheart.com/hc/en-us

Keep us posted if there are any other questions we can help answer! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
AlexG
Level 7

Jump to solution

The problem is iHeartRadio, not Pandora.

I'm having this same problem on all 3 of my Roku units. All are updated, all have been restarted, and removing, reinstalling and signing back into iHeartRadio have made no difference.

Since you brought it up, the Pandora app continues to work for me with no issues.

0 Kudos
AlexG
Level 7

Jump to solution

Problem is resolved. Just do a software update to get the iHeartRadio patch.

0 Kudos
AlexG
Level 7

Re: iHeartRadio Crashing

Jump to solution

Problem is resolved. Just do a software update to get the iHeartRadio patch.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Rarodster
Level 7

Re: Iheart

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem; Iheart starts then returns me to the main Home Roku screen.  This has been happening since Friday 29th.

0 Kudos
Qlash
Level 7

Jump to solution
Just finished with Roku Support. Here is the fix:

Please press the Home button>>select Settings>>Select System>>Select Advanced system settings>>Select Network Connection reset.
You might then have to recconnect to your network. I didn't. The iHeart app is now working fine.
0 Kudos
BP2
Level 7

Re: iHeartRadio Crashing

Jump to solution

Thanks!  This morning (around 11PT) there was no update available.  After doing the update all is fine!  

0 Kudos
chuck13072
Level 7

Jump to solution

This worked. I had to reconnect to my wifi after the reset.  Interesting that other inet apps such as youtube tv worked fine and this only affected iheart.   thanks for the info.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I did these steps 

Please press the Home button>>select Settings>>Select System>>Select Advanced system settings>>Select Network Connection reset.
You might then have to recconnect to your network. I didn't. The iHeart app is now working fine.

The iHeart app now works again.  But in the meantime, I found Tunein and it worked just could not get my local stations.  I sort of like the Tunein app better, it shows you the show that is playing.  
0 Kudos