Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

how to watch tlc/bravo with no cable provider

I had my cable cut off and bought a ruko, now I can't watch tlc or bravo, what can I do to get these two channels? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: how to watch tlc/bravo with no cable provider

You have to pay for most cable-type channels somehow.  When you have a cable/satellite subscription, part of your subscription fee goes to each of the included channels.  Even the ad-supported channels only derive part of their income from the advertising, the rest comes from subscription fees.  Cut your cable/satellite subscription, you're no longer paying for those channels and they are not in business to provide you free content.  So if you want to keep getting those channels after dropping your cable/satellite subscription you need a find a "cable alternative" streaming service you can subscribe to that carries your desired channels.

Another option for some channels is a streaming subscription purchased directly with that channel which you can then view through any supported streaming device like a Roku, but as far as I know, neither TLC or Bravo offers this.

I've found the following "cable alternative" streaming services that carry both TLC and Bravo:

HULU with Live TV
YouTube TV
Sling (Blue package)

There may possibly be others.

The cost savings by "cutting the cord" generally come from subscribing to a reduced number of channels rather than overblown cable/satellite packages that contain hundreds of channels you never watch.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: how to watch tlc/bravo with no cable provider

but on hulu the episodes are from 2016 2017 2018 2019 nothing for 2020

0 Kudos