Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
canflow
Reel Rookie

how to change channels on antenna live tv

How do I change channels for antenna live tv without scrolling through the channels on the guide? I want to directly input the channel number for my HDTV antenna channels (local channels). However, neither the remote nor the mobil app have number to press for input.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
TCLStreamer
Streaming Star

Re: how to change channels on antenna live tv

You answered your own question. You can customize the guide. The Roku remote has no channel numbers so you cannot enter any number 

https://support.roku.com/article/4420557730839

0 Kudos
canflow
Reel Rookie

Thank you for your reply, however, I did not answer my own question. I know how to hide channels thus customizing the guide. Your second sentence is what I am addressing: being able to input number to directly to a channel. Perhaps Roku will customize the remote to benefit it customers. Have a good weekend!

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@canflow 

There are third party remotes, so I understand, that include keyboards or number pads. @Tivoburkee may be able to point you to some. He doesn't sell them, but he's the go-to guy for deep dives into remote functions, such as how well such devices work.

Others may be able to offer some suggestions as well, but he's top of the list.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

I see a lot of folks having issues not being able to directly input channel numbers with the "simple" remote that comes with the Onn (and maybe other brands) TVs.

I got one of the 50 in. Onn Roku TVs that Walmart had on sale recently (Nov. 2023).  No way to directly input channel numbers for my cable TV selections.  Found a Philips Universal Remote (SRP9232D/27) new for less than $4 & it works to direct input channels 1-99.  It won't work on channels with numbers over 99, but you can input 99, then use channel "up" key to get to higher channel numbers.  Or, input a low number, then use channel "down" key to get to the higher numbers.  Way better than the "simple" Roku remote that came with TV.  It seems like most of the other function to control TV (volume keys, return to last channel, home, menu, etc.) work OK.

Yes, I saw the remote that was going to come with this TV before I bought the TV, and saw no channel number buttons, but I figured maybe it had an onscreen number pad that would do that.  Maybe shows my ignorance that this was not the case.

0 Kudos
KO45

The folks at onn/Roku should add a popup character menu for the live TV much the same as so many of the search menus they accommodate.

0 Kudos
edroksense
Roku Guru

Local channel on OTA live tv has channel number with decimal number like  13.1 

Will this Philips  remote work?

0 Kudos