Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

getting Netflix error code ui-800-3 (106009)

Jump to solution

i just got a new roku ultra to replace my old roku 2. I went to watch netflix and it won’t launch. I’ve tried everything, deleting app, restarting roku, restarting my home network , adding app again and i keep getting ui-800-3!!!

Tried talking to Netflix and they have no idea....  Anyone have any ideas on how i can get it to work?, or who i can get help from?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: getting Netflix error code ui-800-3 (106009)

Jump to solution

@jcastaldo 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information regarding troubleshooting that error code, visit Netflix's Support page here: Netflix Error UI-800-3

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@jcastaldo 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information regarding troubleshooting that error code, visit Netflix's Support page here: Netflix Error UI-800-3

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution
Netflix help page re error ui-800-3:
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/12232
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same issue - started last week.  In my case with 2 Roku Premiere boxes.  The troubleshooting steps are useless, as they all involve getting into the app - and when it breaks, the app won't even launch.

I've found a (terrible) workaround..  switching the Roku off my network and on to a phone/hotspot.. log into Netflix, and then put it back on to the network.. that fixes it for a while, but it's not sustainable.

So far, I've done every bit of possible troubleshooting listed online.  Rebooted my entire network, and the Rokus repeatedly.  Removed and reinstalled a bunch. Even Factory reset one of my boxes.  

Now I'm trying to put the 2 Rokus on separate networks to see if that helps.  Nobody seems to have a clue if this is a Roku problem, Netflix problem, or a combination of the two.

I suspect that it has something to do with a locally cached auth token of some sort - possibly a mismatched timeout value with Netflix, where the Roku is timing out before Netflix or vice versa?   Switching networks forces a new authentication/refresh.. which is why the workaround works.   Does this make sense to anyone else?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same error code here for the first time this morning

Followed all online recommendations to fix it but still the same error

Restart Roku Express - didn't work

Restart network - didn't work

Restart both - didn't work

Remove Netflix app restart network and Roku then re install app - didn't work

Tried a different network connection - didn't work

X-Box Netflix app works on same network
Mobile app works on same network

Factory reset Roku - didn't work

Next step is cancel Netflix subscription and throw Roku box in the bin

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem here. Started yesterday and I tried all of the suggested solutions. Really frustrating. Also tested on two other networks. Still no joy. Maybe Roku updated the app?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I figured out what was causing mine.. and it's a security issue.

The apps (android, ios, etc) and web based (any modern browser) are fully encrypted end to end.   It seems that the Roku netflix app does SOMETHING around auth in clear text.   If you have anything in the stream that's blocking insecure connections - that may be it.

You can test it with a keyword blocker at a firewall.  Block anything containing 'netflix' and you'll see the apps work fine (as they are fully encrypted - the firewall can't see the keyword) but the Roku app will fail on authentication with the error above.

Frankly - I think this is a pretty bad oversight (unencrypted authentication?!).. but not sure who to speak to about it.

0 Kudos