Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tamietam
Reel Rookie

free trial not working

I tried to sign up for the free trial and it says I can't sign up now try back later. I really wanted to watch HBO. How can this be corrected?

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: free trial not working

@tamietam Thanks for reaching out. Where are you trying to sign up for a free trial? Which channel are you trying to sign up within?

Have you logged into your Roku account at my.roku.com and updated your payment method again? We'd recommend verifying the account your device is linked to in Settings>System>About, then log into the account and update your payment method. Once you've done this, restart your device, then try subscribing again. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
tamietam
Reel Rookie

Hi,

I have tried signing up on my TV and online, neither way would allow me to sign up for the HBO trial or any of the other trials either for that matter.

Thank you,

Tamie

0 Kudos
tamietam
Reel Rookie

I updated all of my info and it's still not working

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

@tamietam Which streaming channel are you trying to sign up for a free trial for? Is this inside The Roku Channel? Do you see an error message on screen or what is occurring when you try to subscribe? With more information, we can continue assisting you from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos

Yes im having the same issues n my payment methods r up to date

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jasminemclaurin 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What channel are you trying to access a free trial to?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
musicisfun

I can provide you with more info - I signed up for the free trial of HBO - it loads and all the shows load but when I try to actually play a show - it does nothing... 

0 Kudos
musicisfun

i there - I signed up for 7 day free trial with HBO - the channel loads and all the shows load but when I click on play episode nothing happens 

0 Kudos

I have a 14 day free trial for YouTube but can't find device. 

0 Kudos