Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjsworet
Level 7

free channels

Can anyone tell me where I can find free channels on Roku?  I'm trying to scale back on my cable package through Spectrum.  If I know that most of the channels that are through Spectrum are located on Roku, then I'll just scale back to a basic plan with my cable company!  Thanks for any help you can provide!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
KelKel78
Level 7

Re: free channels

Some of the Basic Cable/Satellite Channels have free episodes of a lot of shows. U can download a lot of regular cable apps to roku and login thru your service provider..But Anyways Pluto Tv, roku channel,CW, Cw seed, tubi, Watch Free Flix, freeform, FilmRise, (and FilmRise has many different channels dedicated to each topic like documentary, horror, action, western, syfy, comedy mysteries true crime all free), Crackle, a version of peacock is also free. Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
cjsworet
Level 7

Thanks so much for the help.  I'll pass that on!

KelKel78
Level 7

You're very welcome

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@KelKel78 covered most of mine...

Roku Channel, Filmrise, Pluto, Xumo, Crackle, YuYu, Fawesome, Flix, TCL Channel, and Peacock (although I don't use Peacock, many will need it)

Many of the recommended free Channels are available from within the Roku Menu by navigating to Streaming Channels... Top Free Movies and TV

I have also found a lot of good info from Youtube and searching "Top Free Roku Channels"

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.

0 Kudos