Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

fox news live stream

Jump to solution

I just purchased the Roku Express and have been watching Fox News Live through the Fox news app via my provider Directv. Now when I try to log on to Fox news I get an error message saying "error occurred try back later" I have restarted my Roku but still will not load. Any Ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 13

Re: fox news live stream

Jump to solution

Remove/reinstall:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option
  3. From home screen, Settings > System > System restart
  4. After system restarts, find channel via Streaming Channels.
  5. Highlight channel and install
  6. If channel requires a login, you'll need to log in anew.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
27 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same, also with Fox Business...maybe I shouldn't be surprised that the Fox Channels don't work all of a sudden

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This same thing happened last year for a while.  I deleted the app, reinstalled, no luck.   Mysteriously it resolved spontaneously after a week or so.  Very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am new to this streaming stuff just got the Roku Express, I wonder if it is the same with other streaming devices like Apple TV or Amazon fire stick. I thought about trying Hulu Live stream to see if that would work but I don't won't to spend $50 to find out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Here’s a trick that worked.   Went to Tucker Carlson from last night and watched that for 5 minutes THEN went back to the Fox News Go live app and it loaded without problems. 
Best of luck!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I have been having the same problem (FNC) for a while now, but it has gotten ridiculous the last few days. Other than the Error message, FNC has been freezing during the commercial breaks. 🙄

2 things I did to "fix" the issues. (I use that "term" loosely as it is only a band-aid until they legit take care of this) 

1 ~ I exited out to Roku's Home menu and reloaded FNC. It sometimes worked after I did this one time, but most times had to do this multiple times. Pain in the a**. 

2 ~ When #1 is just not working, I've had to remove the channel and reinstall it. Again, a pain in the a**. 

I use the Roku stick through Verizon Fios. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I wouldn't think so. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks. Will give that a try 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks will give this a shot. I it keeps up I may just return it. Not worth the hassle 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Have three ROKU Premiere+  - and am using Spectrum.  Same problem others are having.  Since ROKU won't take a call, do they monitor these discussions ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Good question.  I’ll bet they will monitor when folks start using a different device   I’m thinking about it now and I have only had mine for less then a week 

0 Kudos