Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

fast forward and rewind don't work on youtube anymore

Hello all. Since yesterday the fast forward and rewind controls on my remote have stopped working on Youtube on my TV. All other videos, Netflix for example work fine. I have a Roku Premier that's 2-3 years old or so. My TV upstairs has an old XD box and the fast forward and rewind works on that TV. Not great, but the box is older. But this JUST started to happen. Any thoughts or better yet solutions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

16 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: fast forward and rewind don't work on youtube anymore

Looking for a solution to this problem myself. Just wanted to let you know your not alone. I noticed my problem a couple of days ago and reported it to YouTube through the Roku. I will let you know if I find the reason rewind and fast forward stopped working.
Highlighted
Level 8

I have noticed that A) If I do try and RW or FF I get a small box screen shot of a video that I watched previously which is very weird. Also B) when I do try and RW or FF there is a new dropdown  menu under the bar that was never there before. It has clickable info like what channel is on and even a troubleshooting drop down menu on the side in which I can report this messed up issue! I have sent several reports. I even tried unplugging and resetting the Roku. So far nothing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Here is an update. As mentioned before recently my Roku3 remote control the rewind and fast forward stopped working. I found the resolution is to press the up down buttons on the navigation button and highlight the red time bar, then you can use the left of right button on the navigation button to rewind or fast forward.
Highlighted
Level 8

Is this solution for a remote that stopped working entirely? In other words, my issue only happens with YouTube. All other videos on other channels the remote works fine.

Highlighted
Level 7

That's actually how I would always rewind YouTube videos through Roku, but it stopped working. I can only rewind now using the Roku app and I have to hit the button repeatedly to make it move backward (can't just hold it down for fast rewinding like I used to). 😕

Highlighted
Level 7

I found the answer on Reddit.  Someone recommended restarting the Roku and taking out the batteries from the remote.  After doing that the ff and rw started working again. 

Highlighted
Level 8

got this problem and did a reboot

that fixed it

--settings---system---power---system restart---restart

Highlighted

I have the same problem.  One day FF and FR just stopped, so now I have to move one frame at a time and my thumb is getting tired!

Highlighted
Level 7

Yes ... that works ... finally.