Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lostbits
Channel Surfer

error code: cloudpatherrorauthorizingNIP

I recently reduced by cable subscription options. As a result I can no longer access a variety of channels. The issue is that these channels are available, gratis, on the internet w/wo a cable subscription. How can I stop Roku from trying to use my cable provider to access these channels and have it redirected to go to the internet.

The true issue is, why do I need Roku to access TV channels since I can do it through my cable service? If Roku continues to use my cable service as an access point, why do I need Roku? All the 'free' channels are available online, and with a little jiggering, I can access them all through my computer and redirect my computer screen to my TV. And, I do have the some capability on my current TV to access these channels through my TV, bypassing my computer entirely.

So, if there is no solution to this error other than to increase my cable TV Subscription options, why do I need Roku?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: error code: cloudpatherrorauthorizingNIP

The live versions of those channels are available via a paid cable/satellite/etc "tv provider" subscription.  The channels each get a cut of your tv provider subscription fee.

Many such channels have also made the STREAMING versions of their content available to those who are already paying for them as part of their tv provider subscription fees.  That's why you have to authenticate on Roku (or other streaming device) with your tv provider account credentials.  In many/most cases, the streaming version gives you access to considerable on-demand content not available via the cable/satellite live streams.

Those channels which you had already authenticated, and that you no longer have a cable account for, are still trying to log in via your old tv provider credentials, which is why you are getting the "cloudpath" error -- cloudpath is the account login system used by many channels for account authentication.

You can try going into each such channel on your Roku and finding the way to log/sign out.  Look for this under "Settings", "Options", "Account" or similar settings.  This should get rid of that error, but if the channel insists on a tv provider account, you will just be prompted to sign in with your provider account.  This is controlled by the channel, not by Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Lu
Reel Rookie

I started getting this error message this week when i tried accessing NBC live.  I have sling and have the blue subscription that includes NBC.  It doesn't work on the NBC app either.  I contacted Cox a couple of times and said to contact roku.  Any fixes?

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@Lu-

If you do have a Cox tv cable account that includes those channels, try logging out of one of them, then log back in to re-authenticate with your Cox login credentials.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

0 Kudos
Lu
Reel Rookie

I don't have cable TV.   I have my own modem and router and use sling to get NBC.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@Lu-

Sorry, Lu.  I don't have Sling or any other cable replacement apps (so far I've maintained my satellite account), so I don't know how Sling's authentication system works.  Maybe someone with experience with them can provide some suggestions.

But I would think Sling would be responsible for authenticating you with the cable-type channels they provide you with.  Have you contacted Sling about this?

0 Kudos