Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoeZ9
Level 7

does Roku stream Tubi?

I have been streaming Tubi on my Sony Blu-ray player. But lately, when the service tries to show ads- the system locks up with a black screen and a spinning white wheel. It's weird. Tubi tech so far hasn't helped. So I'm thinking of getting a basic Roku player for the first time. I see in a list of services something called Tubi TV- but I don't know if that's the same thing or it shows regular TV shows. I don't want TV shows, I want the Tubi streaming service which is very similar to Netflix, with movies.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Re: does Roku stream Tubi?

I believe that is the same Tubi. Here's the link to the Roku channel store page for it: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/7c34d32446def64db7eb2cc359749fe5/tubi-free-movies-and-tv

I have it on my Roku players, but I can't say I've used it much. I get annoyed with the ad-supported channels, as they seem to be throwing more and more ads into the movie stream. I understand it pays their bills, but seeing the same ad run 5 times in a group of 7 ads gets tiring. I'm not saying Tubi does that, because as I mentioned it's been quite a while since I've used it. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Strega
Level 14

Re: does Roku stream Tubi?

Is see this in the channel store.  Also, when I do an internet search for Tubi, the URL is tubitv.com so it seems like they are the same thing?

0 Kudos