Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: doc martin language changed

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Dalabro

Jump to solution

I will be glad when it is fixed.  We have been checking in on it since Saturday to see if the language issue has been resolved. 

Roku Viewer

0 Kudos
FezUSA
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here no matter the platform (smart tv, Roku, online/browser).  Tried removing channel, rebooting device, and re-adding channel.  Checked for settings everywhere, but all other content is is English.  Even if you turn on CC and select English as the language the text is Spanish!!  My daughter has been waiting since last week for this to be resolved.  We're in the middle of season 4!  Even tried some episodes from seasons we've already watched and same deal.

Just switched over to our Vudu account and at least the season we're in is available free with ads!  Will have to deal with that until its resolved!

0 Kudos
Colleen64

Re: Roku channel changed audio to Spanish from english.

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. I was watching Doc Martin and the next day it is in Spanish.  All settings are in English.  This is frustrating, how do I fix this issue?

0 Kudos
Howto

Jump to solution

When you click on Doc Martin to watch, you should see an option called "see viewing options" . From there you should be able to choose between the Roku or Acorn. Choose Acorn and that should fix the problem. I hope this helps you. 

0 Kudos
kaydeejay
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Requires an Acorn subscription. Not the solution I'm looking for. language was in English up until last Thursday. (8/26)

0 Kudos
amznrandy
Reel Rookie

Wrong language on one show only. All the rest are ok.

Jump to solution

I am on The Roku Channel and have some "Continue Watching" series.  When the Dr. Martin started the 3rd Season, 1st Ep. it turned into Spanish (I Think).  All the rest of the series have stayed in English.  I have gone to every place I could find "Settings" and they are all marked "English."  I have rebooted Roku Express by unplugging it, and restarted the TV.  I went back to the 1st Season and it is now in Spanish.  Everything else I have watched is in English which is what I want.

kate13
Reel Rookie

Re: Wrong language on one show only. All the rest are ok.

Jump to solution

Maybe this series doesn't have English subtitles yet

0 Kudos
amznrandy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

HI Kate,  Thanks much for the answer but the most important thing is to read the problem thoroughly first.  I am not looking for subtitles.  The series was filmed in England and they speak English.  The first two seasons I watched were streamed over ROKU in English.  At the start of season 3, episode 1, it seems to be streamed in Spanish (maybe).  I'm not sure it's Spanish but it kind of sounds like it.  I went back to season 1, episode 1 and it is now also in Spanish.  All the other shows I watch are received in English.  I have checked settings and they show I should be receiving English audio.  I would like to watch Dr. Martin in English audio.  What happened??

0 Kudos
kate13
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm sorry, I misunderstood. What channel are you talking about?

Maybe try this:
Press the Home button home on your Roku remote.
Scroll up or down and select Settings.
Select System.
Select System update.
Select Check Now to manually check for updates.

Press the Home button home on your Roku remote one more time.

Mark faulty channel and press "*" on remote control for more options and check for updates.

Restart the Roku device by selecting Settings>System>System Restart for Roku players

Check if you have this problem with other channels as well. If this does´t help I recommend you to contact your channel provider for support.

0 Kudos