Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FezUSA
Reel Rookie

Re: Wrong language on one show only. All the rest are ok.

Jump to solution

This is a back-end problem, not on the client side.  I'm an IT guy, trust me.  I have tried every setting possible and multiple units and platforms.  The very fact that the exact same problem is happening to other people is also evidence that it is on the back-end, i.e. Roku issue.  When I say exact, I mean EXACT.  It is ONLY affecting the Doc Martin series to the best of our knowledge.  It was completely fine up until a week or two ago.  It didn't matter which season or episode, it was all fine.  Then it wasn't.  It plays with a  Spanish audio track and the English subtitles are also Spanish.  It doesn't matter what settings you change or what language you pick for the subtitles.  Every other show continues to play in English and their subtitles are in English just fine.  Fully updated units and the web streaming are the same issue.  You use your computer and browser of choice and log in to your Roku account and try watching it.  Still Spanish, which removes the Roku devices as being the problem out of the picture.  Even episodes that you've already watched, are now in Spanish.  Clearly Roku was doing some behind the scenes changes and somehow managed to point the Doc Martin series to the wrong language folder.

It's probably quite straight-forward really.  All content will have a file/folder path and will just need to be updated.  There's nothing we can do except wait for Roku to fix it, other than watch it from other sources such as the paid Acorn within Roku, or on Vudu (currently available free with ads through season 6).

amznrandy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

IT'S ALIVE!!  Or at least it was last night 09/03/21.  Thanks ROKU and all!!!

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

We believe that this issue has been fixed. If you are still experiencing the same problem, please let us know.

Have a great day!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Hazbro
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, Doc Martin is in English now!

kaydeejay
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, finally seems to have been fixed!!

0 Kudos

Doc Martin playing Spanish only again

Jump to solution

Only episodes of Doc Martin are playing in Spanish, all other shows are fine.  Tried everything.  Apparently this has been a problem before.