Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jagat75

disney hotstar not available to download in India ?

Jump to solution

I am not able to download Disney Hotstar . when I try through website it says it is not available in my region ?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: disney hotstar not available to download in India ?

Jump to solution

@jagat75 

Thanks for the post.

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jagat75 

Thanks for the post.

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
subu1701

Hotstar channel does not work on Roku 3

Jump to solution

I got Roku 3 from USA few years back and using it at India. I have problem getting into Hotstar. when I open the channel it shows Service Area Restriction "This app isn't available due to geographical licensing restrictions. (CO-404). I am not using a VPN or anything, the ISP provides the Indian geography IP. Can someone help me here so that I can view Disney Hotstar which is supported in India.

0 Kudos
Joy1274

Re: Hotstar channel does not work on Roku 3

Jump to solution

We facing the same issue.. Did you find any solution / reply??

0 Kudos
smartprado

Jump to solution

But Disney Hotstar is made for India. How come not available for India region? 

Jump to solution

Any luck on this? Still we are getting the same error 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@subu1701 wrote:

I got Roku 3 from USA few years back and using it at India. I have problem getting into Hotstar. when I open the channel it shows Service Area Restriction "This app isn't available due to geographical licensing restrictions. (CO-404). I am not using a VPN or anything, the ISP provides the Indian geography IP. Can someone help me here so that I can view Disney Hotstar which is supported in India.

If your Roku user account was created while you were in the US, that is why you can't access content that is restricted to India. Both the user account and the Roku device must be located in the country where the channel is available. I don't think there's any way to change an account locality. I believe you have to create a new account in your current location.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
bhopatraor

Jump to solution

This is an old post but is there an update? I am unable to find the Disney Hotstar channel in the list. Is it not available for use in India?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@bhopatraor wrote:

This is an old post but is there an update? I am unable to find the Disney Hotstar channel in the list. Is it not available for use in India?

India is not a location officially supported by Roku. It's up to each channel provider to determine where they can be used. Since your location is not supported by Roku, it's unlikely that Disney will make it available there.

And in reference to Hotstar specifically, it's not listed any longer in the Roku channel store for the US either, so my guess is Disney has made all of the Hotstar content available within either Disney+ or DisneyNOW. Only Disney themselves can answer that question.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos