Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

discovery plus channel is missing

Jump to solution

When I search for discovery plus on the roku webpage nothing comes up, and when I click links to the discovery plus channel on roku from other webpages it comes up blank in the roku page.  I also can not find the discovery plus channel within the roku when I click "add channels".  I presume that this channel has been removed - and I hope this is temporary.  Can anyone fill me in on what is going on?  I was so excited to add discovery plus Smiley Sad

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: discovery plus channel is missing

Jump to solution

You probably have to create a new Roku account now that you're in the US, factory reset your Roku, and then link your Roku to the new account.  If you have any active subscriptions paid through Roku - check at https://my.roku.com - you would lose them.  You'd want to cancel those subscriptions and remove your payment method before you close the old account.

You should post the model number from Settings->System->About.  Older models won't support the newer channels, so it may not be worth the effort to link it to a new account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9\
TDK1044
Level 7

Jump to solution

It's there on my home page. I've been watching it over the last few days. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

so bizarre...  I also don't have a 'search' feature within my roku - I've updated it but still no

0 Kudos
TDK1044
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'd try doing a factory reset of your device. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser

Jump to solution

@Anonymous wrote:

When I search for discovery plus on the roku webpage nothing comes up, and when I click links to the discovery plus channel on roku from other webpages it comes up blank in the roku page.  I also can not find the discovery plus channel within the roku when I click "add channels".  I presume that this channel has been removed - and I hope this is temporary.  Can anyone fill me in on what is going on?  I was so excited to add discovery plus Smiley Sad

@Anonymous wrote:

so bizarre...  I also don't have a 'search' feature within my roku - I've updated it but still no

Search is only available in certain countries: US, Canada, Ireland, UK, (English) and the US and Mexico (Spanish).

Otherwise, If you're using a VPN, you'll need to disable it to gain full functionality/app access to your Roku device.

https://support.roku.com/article/115004383188

StreamerUser

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I'm in the US - but maybe it's because I have a classic roku and not a newer one?

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

Where are you located?

Article about availability in various countries.

Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos
StreamerUser

Jump to solution

Not sure what you mean by classic, what roku model # and what Rokus OS version does it have?

Settings/System/About

StreamerUser

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I'm in the USA - but when I first set up my Roku account I was in South Korea.  I spent 1 hour on chat help with a Roku worker and he was unable to help me with this - very disappointing.  How do I get Roku to realize I'm in America?  This is apparently why some premium channels aren't available to me.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

You probably have to create a new Roku account now that you're in the US, factory reset your Roku, and then link your Roku to the new account.  If you have any active subscriptions paid through Roku - check at https://my.roku.com - you would lose them.  You'd want to cancel those subscriptions and remove your payment method before you close the old account.

You should post the model number from Settings->System->About.  Older models won't support the newer channels, so it may not be worth the effort to link it to a new account.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos