Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marieli_9
Reel Rookie

discovery plus Troubleshooting

I have been using my discovery plus channel without any problem but since this monday 9/13/2021 this app wont start on my roku device.  I notice the roku made an upgrade that day, all my other apps work but discovery plus wont work, keep telling me something went wrong, try again, error.  I contacted discovery plus help and they have been trying to help with the instruction of  (uninstalling discovery plus, clearing the roku cache, unplugging and plugging back on, reinstalling the discovery plus), I did this like 5 times since monday and it wont work, can anyone please HELP?? 

25 REPLIES 25
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: discovery plus Troubleshooting

@marieli_9

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Discovery+ directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Discovery+ channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Trishcollins
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue.  Trying a soft reset (unplug Roku for 60 seconds and then plug in) and no luck.  BTW, with Discovery Plus, there is no option to Remove the Channel, only manage subscription, so I cannot remove the channel and add it back.  Roku needs to address this.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Trishcollins

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

If you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription first before you see the Remove channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Trishcollins
Reel Rookie

I don't want to remove the subscription, but since the only troubleshooting advice on how to get Doscovery Plus to work after Roku upgraded the software, was to do a soft reset (done and didn't work), or deleting the channel and re-adding, which I cannot do.  Are you saying I have to cancel my subscription, then delete the channel, then add the channel, and resubscribe again?  That seems silly.  Roku should just fix the problem with Discovery, and automatically re-add the channel, if that is, in fact, what will fix it.

Trishcollins
Reel Rookie

I cancel my subscription.  Removed the Discovery+ channel from my Roku.  Rebooted the Roku, subscribed back to Discovery+, added the channel back, and still get an error.  Not sure what to do now.1632080768494598359188219517254.jpg

0 Kudos
marieli_9
Reel Rookie

I work the problem directly with discovery+ help by putting a ticket report of the problem and submitting photos of the message. Reported on Monday and they keep track of the report by email with me everyday until it started working on Thursday. I did not cancel it. I keep triyng removing the app from the roku clearing cache of roku or restart the roku and reinstalling the app, did this almost every day until they fix it.

marieli_9
Reel Rookie

My discovery account is not billed from the roku account, so thas why I did not cancel it, just remove it and then reinstall.

maddat

@marieli_9 wrote:

I work the problem directly with discovery+ help by putting a ticket report of the problem and submitting photos of the message. Reported on Monday and they keep track of the report by email with me everyday until it started working on Thursday. I did not cancel it. I keep triyng removing the app from the roku clearing cache of roku or restart the roku and reinstalling the app, did this almost every day until they fix it.

Did you get a resolution to this issue? Having the same problem.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Trishcollins @maddat

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, follow @RokuDanny-R's latter suggestion in his post above. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. They are the best ones to help you out with this matter.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator