Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjjg
Level 7

discovery+ channel

I have been seeing ads for a new streaming channel - discovery+ and was wondering if I would be available on Roku? And i know it's $4.99 a month. So how much would it be on Roku?

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10\
andyross
Level 16

Re: discovery+ channel

Discovery has not explicitly stated what devices they will support. The cost would be the same everywhere, but that $4.99 is a 'starting' price and is probably for the "with ads" version. And as I always say, ALWAYS subscribe directly from a service if possible, and don't subscribe through a 3rd party like Roku if you want to avoid billing issues.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@andyross wrote:

ALWAYS subscribe directly from a service if possible, and don't subscribe through a 3rd party like Roku if you want to avoid billing issues.

That is my preference as well.  If you subscribe through Roku (assuming Discovery creates a version for Roku) you'll only be able to view through Roku.  If you subscribe directly with Discovery, you'll be able to view through any device Discovery chooses to support (computer, mobile device, various streaming devices).  Plus billing and support issues, should they arise, become much less complicated.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos
Hardeman
Level 7

So I subscribed to Discovery+ on my computer, can I watch it through my Roku?  I tried to add the channel, but it says "Could not add 'discovery channel+' Error

Am I doing something wrong?

mjjg
Level 7

I think you can only download it onto an iPad. If you have one. Or your iPhone or try your Android phone 

0 Kudos
jlchriswi
Level 8

I subscribed to Discovery+ today and added it to my Roku account.  I was able to find it when using a Roku device connected to an older tv.  (My problem is that I can't find it on a newer LG tv with built-in Roku - how do I find channels when there isn't a menu or search function?  at least, nothing that I can see). 

0 Kudos
Marydel
Level 7

The same thing is happening to me as happened to Hardeman.  I subscribed on my phone, but want to watch it on tv.  I get the error message when I click "add channel."  I have a roku2.

Pattyfleming
Level 7

cancel discovery +

0 Kudos
Level 7

I subscribed to discovery plus and am on trial 7 days. I really don't like it but cannot find out how to cancel it

0 Kudos
RGondek
Level 7

I have a free trial through Roku for Discovery+ but cannot open it on the other TV in the house.  Is this typical?  I thought you were able to stream on two devices?  Should I cancel the trial and order through the channel?  Will I get a chance to stream on my TVS?  ( Sorry, I'm new to the streaming world).

0 Kudos