Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chellymac48
Reel Rookie

different channels on different tvs?

Jump to solution

we have 3 tvs that has roku.. is it possible for all of us to watch something different on each tv? we were watching LMN in our room and my son was watching youtube but all of the sudden our movie went off? what happened

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: channels

Jump to solution

Yes, you can watch different things on different Rokus.  You can run into bandwidth limitations if your internet connection isn't very fast, but this normally would result in buffering delays, not an exit from the program.  There must be some other reason your program was cut off.

You can also run into limitations imposed by the channel if you try to watch the same channel on more than one unit, as some channels limit how many simultaneous streams they will provide to one account.  For instance my Netflix account limits me to 2 streams at a time.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
makaiguy

Re: channels

Jump to solution

Yes, you can watch different things on different Rokus.  You can run into bandwidth limitations if your internet connection isn't very fast, but this normally would result in buffering delays, not an exit from the program.  There must be some other reason your program was cut off.

You can also run into limitations imposed by the channel if you try to watch the same channel on more than one unit, as some channels limit how many simultaneous streams they will provide to one account.  For instance my Netflix account limits me to 2 streams at a time.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Darth
Channel Surfer

Different channels on separate TVs

Jump to solution

I think she means have completely different set of channels on different TV's. I just removed a bunch of channels from a Roku tv that is used exclusively as a computer monitor and it removed the same channels from ALL my Roku TVs. I didn't want that. How do i have a different set of channels on different roku TVs signed into the same Roku account?

0 Kudos
renojim

Re: Different channels on separate TVs

Jump to solution

@Darth, it's been requested many times, but it's not possible.  The only way to have different channels/apps on different Roku devices is to have them linked to separate Roku accounts.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Darth
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

If they are on separate accounts, i can't control them all from my phone app without constantly signing in and out. Super, super lame. Please stop syncing my TVs on the same Roku account. Get it together Roku. Sync settings unavailable?. Super frustrated.

atc98092

Jump to solution

@Darth not going to happen. For every user such as yourself that wants them independent, there's likely 1000 or more that prefer the devices are synchronized. Perhaps it could be a user-configurable option, but I have no idea how difficult that would be to implement, so probably not something Roku wants to put time into.

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos