Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

crave forcing signoff on britbox

Jump to solution

I recently added the new crave app to my rokus. I successfully logged on to crave and watched some stuff. when we went back to britbox, it was logged off and we had to sign in. when we went to crave it was logged off, and after signing in, britbox was logged off - and same thing over and over. I have tried removing and adding both apps in different orders, but the same thing happens. the id/passwords are wildly different for each app. tried powering off/on all my rokus, with no success.  Neflix, prime and disney plus are all fine, just these two - anyone else having these issues? britbox has been working fine until i added crave.

Thanks.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: crave forcing signoff on britbox

Jump to solution

I hope everyone who posted on this thread gets an update: It seems to be 'fixed' (at least it is on this end).

Every time Crave support would call, they'd have me Remove the Channel, the Re-Add it, and go through the motions.

I was scrolling around other topics on here and someone mentioned to NOT skip the "Reboot the Roku" step, so:

- Remove Both Channels
- Reboot the Roku (the on-screen Settings -> System Restart worked for me)
- Re-add the Channels
- I can go back & forth!!!

Of course neither company can pull their heads out of their collective deep, dark, warm, moist places they have them situated to actually *call* anyone who has been having this problem to let us know it's been 'fixed', but let me be the bearer of glad tidings for this subset of affected users.

Enjoy!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I had tried a variation on those steps before, but they didn't work for me. I have 4 roku devices which probably caused some wrinkles. One of the devices is remote and had no access, so I de-linked it from my account. I then kinda followed your steps.

- removed britbox/crave from each device and then Powered off. 

- powered 1st on, added britbox, signed in, added crave, signed in. toggled apps back and forth and they worked. 

- powered 2nd device on, did the same as the 1st device and it worked.

- ditto for 3rd device.

- went back to 1st/2nd device and they are still working. 

Thanks for the solution. Hope this lasts as it's a pain in the **bleep** with 4 devices.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem.  Anyone know of a solution?

Highlighted
Level 7

Crave & Britbox apps keep logging out on new Roku Premiere

Jump to solution

I recently upgraded from a Roku stick to a Roku Premiere.

Since I upgraded some apps, specifically Crave and Britbox, keep logging out when I leave and return to the home screen.

This happens whether I just jump back to the home screen or if I back out through the app exit screen.

I've done a factory reset on the Roku with no change.

I've removed and re-added the apps but with no change.

I can log in and watch programs but next time I access the app it's wanting me to log in again.

I've made sure Guest Mode is not enabled.

I have other apps like Netflix which stay logged in with no problems.

I would appreciate suggestions, as right now the Roku Premiere is not looking very premiere to me.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Crave & Britbox apps keep logging out on new Roku Premiere

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same issue and was told to restart my device (I have a Roku Streaming Stick+) which I did, but that didn't resolve anything and then the only other advice Roku gave me was to do a factory reset, which I'm not overly keen on doing and, as you've obviously determined, doesn't work either.  Hopefully someone comes up with a fix soon!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem with a new TCL tv with Roku installed. I hope they come out with a fix soon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I think I've figured out one part of the puzzle.  It seems that logging into Crave logs you out of BritBox and vice versa.  I'm not sure why this is the case or how to fix it and at present it seems that Roku has stopped communicating with me because I am refusing to do a factory reset, but I hope this information can lead to a remedy somehow.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with crave and britbox. If I do not select britbox then crave works fine and I do not have to log in again. One thing I did notice is I cannot remove britbox. Hit the * key and there is no option to remove the channel. I went to crave and did a dump for them but they no longer want to talk to me. This is a strange issue as no other app has an issue, like Prime or netflix or acorn.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Automatically signed out of BritBox, Kanopy and Crave

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm wondering why I keep getting kicked out of my accounts on #Crave, #BritBox and #Kanopy. When I sign into any of the three, I get kicked out of the others and vice versa. I thought it might be Crave-related because we just subscribed to Crave+HBO when this started but when I check my Crave account for linked devices, it will show that my Roku stick is linked but when I attempt to watch it, I am told to sign in again. It's a serious inconvenience. Is this happening with anyone else? Is there a fix for this?

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Automatically signed out of BritBox, Kanopy and Crave

Jump to solution

@elinigan 

Thanks for the post.

Some channels will require you to reauthenticate periodically. For more information about those channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact those channel's support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach those channels support here:
https://www.crave.ca/en/support
https://www.britbox.com/help
https://help.kanopy.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Canada: CraveTV logs me out of Britbox & vice versa

Jump to solution

I'm stuck in the middle between CraveTV and Britbox and it is terribly frustrating.

I have both channels installed on my Roku.
If I watch Britbox, I get logged out of CraveTV.
If I watch CraveTV, I get logged out of Britbox.

I can dupe this constantly, regularly, and it happens every_single_time.
It's terribly frustrating.

But get this: it gets worse!

I have been calling TechSupport for both channels since May or so. CraveTV/Bell Media support points their finger at Britbox. Britbox points their finger at CraveTV. And I'm stuck in the middle!

I have removed and reinstalled both apps many, many times to no avail.

It would be less of an issue if Britbox actually functioned with the Roku Android app so I could log in using the keyboard on my cell phone, but alas, I get no love there either.

And we pay for these channels even!

Am I alone in this predicament?
I'd cancel both of them, but they are the two channels we watch most often currently.

0 Kudos