Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Ads running AND ruining Acorn TV.

Did you contact Acorn TV? Not all subscriptions are ad-free. Many services have multiple tiers, some with ads, more expensive ones without (CBS All-Access and Peacock are two I know of.)

0 Kudos
LAB85
Reel Rookie

Thank you.  I'll try Acorn, but my understanding was that my service was ad free.

0 Kudos
LAB85
Reel Rookie

Re: Commercials on Acorn

Danny,

Your canned response is not helpful.  Several people have said that they have a paid Acorn TV purchased and streamed through Roku.  Me included.  Someone is not pushing the right buttons.  Surely you can correct this issue without sending the same inane response to everyone?  LAB85

Zia
Reel Rookie

I was watching Acorn via Amazon Prime. I've subscribed for a year with no ads, then this weekend there were 1 or more ads every 8-10 minutes. So I thought it would be better via Roku, it's not! So frustrated, disappointed and angry. I will NEVER buy or use anything from an ad forced on me, especially when I can't opt out of ads!! What can be done and with whom? Acorn? FCC? Roku?

0 Kudos
Zia
Reel Rookie

I posted my similar disgust at the new, frequent ads on Acorn - if you want to write to their corporate office to register your complaint, here is the address:

RLJ Entertainment, Inc. 6320 Canoga Avenue, 8th Floor, Woodland Hills, California 91367, USA

Gwohsau
Channel Surfer

I have the same problem. I pay for Acorn (which I get via Amazon Prime) I have never had any commercials. Today Installed my new Roku for live streaming and boom loads of commercials. This is BS!!!! 

Gwohsau
Channel Surfer

I have the exact same problem. On my old Roku Device which I was watching this morning there were no ads at all. At lunch time I replaced it with the new Roku (I was no longer able to get Hulu) but still watched acorn via amazon prime. Soon as I installed the new Roku and tried to watch acorn Boom Commercials! This is BS!!! 

Gwohsau
Channel Surfer

Danny R, this does not appear to be a provider issue. It only began today when I swapped out my old Roku for the new one I purchased on sale. On the old Roku I watched Acorn (via Amazon with no commercials) now I have a load of them! This appears to be a Roku issue!

AcornFan

Yes, having the same problem.  October, 2020.  Ads are starting to appear during Doc Martin episodes, even though we subscribed and pay for Acorn through Roku.  $5.99/mo.  Here's what we do.  On our Roku TV we navigate to the Acorn box, click on it, then click on the Doc Martin box, then navigate to the episode we want, then start watching, and pretty soon here come the ads. 

So, how to get Doc Martin without ads?  Also, is there any way to watch Doc Martin episodes from Season 3 and onward in high definition?  Acorn seems to stream low def.

0 Kudos
rothaar
Reel Rookie

We’ve been having the same problem with our Acorn subscription through Roku. Watching the Acorn Roku channel, some days we have to watch ad after ad over and over. Today it was while watching McLeod’s Daughters. Roku support says they just manage payments and content is controlled by the channel partner Acorn. 

0 Kudos