Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stuart1
Level 7

commercials on Hulu

I am paying extra to be able to skip commercials with recorded Hulu shows.  

This was working for several months but for some reason, it stopped and now I am forced to watch commercials even though I'm paying for the ability to skip them?

I called Hulu and they said that Roku is forcing me to see commercials and not them?  I tried my firestick and I can skip commercials so I am beginning to think it is Roku.  Please someone from Roku respond because if it is Roku I will be switching all of my devices to firestick.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
Williamt100
Level 11

Re: commercials on Hulu

Is your subscription to Hulu paid via Roku.com?

I have a commercial-free subscription to Hulu as well (made directly via Hulu), but it is working as expected -- no commercials.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
optikhog
Level 13

Re: commercials on Hulu

Are you sure you paid for the commercial-free level of Hulu?  There are multiple subscriptions.

Like @Williamt100 we also pay for the commercial-free tier and see no commercials on any of our Roku units.  Hulu is responsible for their content and ads.  Roku only controls the Roku Channel.

If you really did talk to someone from Hulu, you may want to try again to see if you can get someone who actually knows how Hulu works.

0 Kudos