Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

commercial free veiwing

I continually have disruptions on CBS channel 13 Sacramento, CA.  why

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: commercial free viewing

What source (CBS All Access, YouTube TV, something else) are you using to view this particular feed? And what do you mean by "disruptions"? Does the screen freeze? Go blank? Audio drop? What Roku player are you using, or is this a Roku TV? Is there an AVR connected between a player and the TV?

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

.. or are you just saying that the program has commercials when watching live tv? If so, when watching live tv you get whatever is being sent by the station. If watching something RECORDED from live tv (if your source provides a cloud recording service) the commercials were likely recorded as well, although some systems may have provisions allowing you to skip through them.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

It must be recorded from live TV, I thought if it was a past show it would be comm free, some are some are not. I see what your are says in regards to live tv that has been recorded vs past episodes. In any case my system wont skip through comm that have been recorded. 

thank you, I understand now but dont like it, dont feel I am getting " commercial free" as advertised. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

First I apologize for the subject matter, it should have said disruptive programing. 

I use Roku Ultra devise and Hulu programing. The station is CBS channel 13 out of Sacramento Ca. Disruptive meaning stopping and starting. I have had this happen on/off several times in a minute which of course is aggravating as some of the program is missed. When this happens I can switch to another station where all's well (no disruptions) I have done this many many times so I am confident it is not the player, the tv or the internet connection. 

When it happens the screen goes back except for the little bar that goes back and forth in the center of the screen. As if it is trying to connect. 

0 Kudos