Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhu220
Level 7

commercial content

on new running of 24 on roku is destroyed by the high number of commercials.  Really who can enjoy???

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: commercial content

@rhu220 wrote:

on new running of 24 on roku is destroyed by the high number of commercials.  Really who can enjoy???

In the early days of The Roku Channel I attempted to watch several programs and quit because there were just too many non-skippable ads to be tolerated.

Just recently I started watching Coach on imdb where I found the ad count to be low enough to be tolerable.  When I subsequently read it was also available on The Roku Channel, just out of curiosity I watched my next episode there.  Much to my surprise, the ad count was about the same on imdb, or maybe a tad lower.

I suspect this may be controlled by whomever Roku (and others like imdb) is obtaining any given program from.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos
rhu220
Level 7

Re: commercial content

Many thanks for your rely and information. Good idea to try to find the show on another venue.  

0 Kudos