Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

channels on Roku and cable

Question, If my cable provider channel lineup doesn't include a channel in that package can I still watch it on the Roku. 

For example, if the channel package I have through Verizon doesn't have the Hallmark channel can I still watch it on the Roku? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: channels on Roku and cable

Yes but not on the Verizon Channel. Hallmark is available on a few Channels all Premium I believe.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: channels on Roku and cable

@michiganfan wrote:

Question, If my cable provider channel lineup doesn't include a channel in that package can I still watch it on the Roku. 

For example, if the channel package I have through Verizon doesn't have the Hallmark channel can I still watch it on the Roku? 

Unfortunately, no.

If you REALLY want Hallmark channels, I think Frndly TV is the cheapest way to get the three main Hallmark channels: Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Drama, and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

The last time I checked, Frndly TV pricing was $5.99/mo Or $60/yr ($5/mo).  Frndly TV offers a 7-day free trial so you can try it first to make sure it will work well for you.

--Frndly TV Channels--
BabyFirst TV
Game Show Network
Hallmark Channel
Hallmark Drama
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
Light TV
Outdoor Channel
PixL
QVC
Sportsman Channel
The Weather Channel