Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

channels do not connect

My 4640 unit all the channels will not connect even though internet is working etc etc. I have to restart the system then they work. Next time you want to watch roku like next day or hours later will not connect and have to restart system again. Only exception is Roku Player vis USB Will play what ever you put on it but same problem with options button

Same goes for the options button . Will not work to bring up the closed captions/night mode etc etc. Have to restart system for it to work even though the channels work.. Can something be wrong with the unit it self ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: channels do not connect

Possibly.

If youre using a MicroSD memory yank that **bleep** out and try resetting it again.

Also without any Thumb Drive. Leave them out to see if this fixes it.

do it via the software ie., Settings/System/System restart.

The next move is to try a Factory reset. Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset

But this is drastic because you'd need to log-in again to your account.

I also have an Ultra but have not experienced this so it is Not normal.

Who knows maybe you got a funky one.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have had this unit for like 2 years or 3... Just started happening like 2 months ago. My other thought on the options button is the remote. I know audio/video stuff for 20 plus years but I will try it. Don't think will solve prblm though who knows. If it doesn't still maybe unit is starting to go for some reason.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Oh factory reset Ugh will have to put all channels in again lol

0 Kudos