Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaschicago
Level 8

channel frozen in loading on one Roku but others OK

I have a Roku tv and Roku expresses on the other 3.  I have been able to watch Acorn on the TV and two of the expresses.  In the room I use as my home office, I click on Acorn and a white box with a percentage loading appears but it never goes above 0% for Acorn.  The channel will not uninstall.  I've tried checking for updates for Rocu and Acorn.  I unplugged express and restarted.   Nothing is working.  I know it is know the channel itself since I get it on the other tvs and, if the channel failed, it is popular enough there would have been something on the web about an Acorn glitch.  I scoured the Roku site for an IT contact but no email and no phone number to be found.  Where do I go from here?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7\
ekarnots
Level 7

Re: channel frozen in loading on one Roku but others OK

Having the same issue with ALL channels on express plus! Menu selections and everything else work fine. Device locks up and needs power cycling to leave "Loading" screen. All other devices work as they should.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@jaschicago

Thanks for the post.

On the device that you are experiencing an issue with Acorn TV, are you able to stream other channels on that device? In addition, how are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@ekarnots

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? Have you tried removing the affected channels, restarting your Roku device, then adding the channels back again?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
emina5
Level 7

I'm having the same issue.  Only Netflix works.  No other channel will load, will just say 0% loaded.  I've tried removing channels, but that just gets stuck on "Removing channel" and nothing happens, and I keep having to restart. Restarted my internet router and no difference.  My roku3 is plugged into a surge protected outlet.  Please help.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@emina5

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
emina5
Level 7

Hi Danny, thanks for replying.

Device model: 4230X- Roku 3

serial # 63264S125942

Device ID - not seen on screen where other info is located

software version 10.0.0 build 4195-04

When trying to open a channel:

ex: HBO Max version 50.10 build 13 (tracker ID 42-235-620)

Disney Plus version 1.13 build 2021051100 (tracker ID 42-235-613, also 42-235-617 when I did it again)

youtube version 1.0 build 93000138  (If I've already tried another channel without resetting the system, when I click it nothing happens, it doesn’t even go to the 0% loading screen)

Hulu version 6.41 build 1 (If I've already tried another channel without resetting the system, when I click it nothing happens, it doesn’t even go to the 0% loading screen)

If I try removing a channel as I've seen recommended to, it won't finish removing:

Ex: Angry Birds Space version 1.6 build 9 (ID 42-236-023)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@emina5

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along the information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos