Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
demsd
Roku Guru

Re: How to change TV cable provider on Roku

@Mic1 wrote:

We switched cable providers and I need to know how to make sure Roku knows that so I can access different channels.  I have tried suggested solutions and nothing has worked.  Need to know how to "tell" my Roku we are with a different provider.

Your cable provider doesn't have it's own channel?

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

@Phxdude40 wrote:

What do you mean by restart your Roku devise? I have a TLC TV with Roku. I deleted the app, turned off the TV as well as unplugging it before adding the app back on. Still the same issue. 

Technically, the TV never shuts off. It basically goes into standby like a PC would.

On the Roku TVs, go to Settings>System>Power>System Restart and that will restart the TV. I recommend doing that periodically.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos

You keep saying the same thing over and over and everyone keeps telling you that is not working. If you don’t know the resolve just say that! Geez, this is ridiculous! 

Taffy405

I originally had Spectrum, now I have a new provider but my channels are still linked to Spectrum.  
The question we are all asking is HOW do you link a NEW cable provider?  
Deleting app and restarting does  NOT work.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Taffy405 wrote:

I originally had Spectrum, now I have a new provider but my channels are still linked to Spectrum.  
The question we are all asking is HOW do you link a NEW cable provider?  
Deleting app and restarting does  NOT work.

You'll need to sign out of each individual app, and then sign in/activate again with the credentials of your new TV service provider.

0 Kudos
Ghadden

Can anyone help!!! This is so frustrating, I had and old Cox TV Provider login and now I switched to a new Cox login.

The Roku won’t forget my old login credentials no matter what I do. I have deleted channels and then restarted and that DOES NOT WORK. Stop saying that, I have done a factory reset and that does not work. 

I even deleted my Roku account and made a new one and it still automatically logs me into my old Cox tv provider!!!!! Someone help!

0 Kudos
RR-Pat

I am going thru the exact same thing.  I've deleted Bravo and rebooted my TV, etc.,  I even did a factory resent on my Roku and Cox cable keeps coming up.  FRUSTRATING!!  There doesn't seem to be a fix.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@RR-Pat 

Bravo is owned by NBCUniversal. Here's why that's important. NBCUniversal apps utilize Roku's Single Sign On (SSO) process. That means that if you're logged in to one, it will try to log you in to all with the same account. Changing TV providers can be tricky with SSO apps, if you have more than one from the same family (such as NBCUniversal apps, A&E Network apps, etc).

There's a process I've used in the past with this same issue, and it worked for me. That doesn't mean it will resolve your issue, but this will rule out SSO as the culprit.

On one Roku device, log out of the app, then remove the app. Then do this for all NBCUniversal apps.

Once you've logged out of all of them, then removed them, reboot all of your Roku devices, not just the one you're on.

Then, pick one device, and install one of the NBCUniversal apps. If it works, add check the other Roku devices and ensure it works there, too. NBCUniversal apps used to have a glitch where they sometimes didn't auto log in until you tried to manually log in.

Try and see if that works.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
ckelmore

Sharing what worked for me....some have stated they've tried a factory reset and it did not work, but sharing the steps anyway.  Using the Roku remote, go to Home>Settings>System>Advanced systems settings>factory reset.  There will be a prompt (box) that will require you to type in the provided code to confirm you really, no kidding, want to reset the device.  Once the factory reset is complete, you will go through the initial set-up process.  During the process you'll log-in and a link with be sent to your email to complete the process.  During the set-up, you will be asked if you subscribe to a cable provider.  Once you select yes, you will have the option to select your new cable provider.  You DO NOT need to go through this process for each device.  As long as you are signed into your Roku account all the other devices will update with the new cable provider ..at least that's how it worked for me.  This was frustrating so hope it works for you.  Good luck!

0 Kudos
Miajhae
Reel Rookie

I deleted USA network and added it back on but It’s still showing my old cable provider and I followed all the steps provided. 
Please advise

0 Kudos