Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mic1
Reel Rookie

How to change TV cable provider on Roku

We switched cable providers and I need to know how to make sure Roku knows that so I can access different channels.  I have tried suggested solutions and nothing has worked.  Need to know how to "tell" my Roku we are with a different provider.

0 Kudos
43 REPLIES 43
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to change TV cable provider on Roku

@Mic1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

To clarify, your Roku device doesn't need to know what cable provider you are using, but rather the channels you use and are authenticated by your cable provider need to be updated.

For channels that are authenticated by your cable provider, we would recommend removing them from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'.

Then, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channels back once more. One the channels have been added, login to the channels using your new cable provider to login, and you should be all set to go.

If you need further assistance with this, please feel free to let us know and we will be able to assist you. 

Thanks,
Danny

Other resources you might find helpful: 

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GordNoved
Reel Rookie

I have tried all of that but I get a thing saying that I am not subscribed to that channel. I can watch it on my cable box though. Any suggestions? I have done a factory reset as well.

Mic1
Reel Rookie

It doesn’t work! 

GordNoved
Reel Rookie

Any idea what does?

0 Kudos
MarcyM1
Reel Rookie

I am about to switch from a cable provider (Directv) to online (youtube). How will I reset my Roku to recognize the new channels?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MarcyM1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

The only changes that you will need to make on your Roku device are for any channels authenticated through your cable provider. You will need to use your new cable provider information to sign into those channels.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Zzza27

How can I do this without having to restart all my channels

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Zzza27 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You won't have to restart all of your channels if the channel will allow you to change your cable provider in the settings.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
S1962

Tried resetting cable provider not working