Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Level 16

Re: cbs all access not loading video

"TracyJ" wrote:
My app starts to launch and before the circle completes I am back at the home screen. I tried to delete the app, but it is not an option. Please help. It worked just fine yesterday. I watch CBS This Morning every day. No problems until today.

How did you try to delete? Every channel should show the option. When in the home screen, and the channel is highlighted, pressing the * button should bring up a list of options, one being to remove the channel. After you do that, make sure you completely reboot the Roku before reinstalling the channel. Removing power is the sure way to ensure it is cleanly booted. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
TracyJ
Level 7

"atc98092" wrote:
"TracyJ" wrote:
My app starts to launch and before the circle completes I am back at the home screen. I tried to delete the app, but it is not an option. Please help. It worked just fine yesterday. I watch CBS This Morning every day. No problems until today.

How did you try to delete? Every channel should show the option. When in the home screen, and the channel is highlighted, pressing the * button should bring up a list of options, one being to remove the channel. After you do that, make sure you completely reboot the Roku before reinstalling the channel. Removing power is the sure way to ensure it is cleanly booted. 

I clicked on the asterisk and instead "remove channel" I have the option to "manage subscription." When I choose "manage subscription" I have the choice of either cancelling my subscription or leaving unchanged, exiting the screen.
0 Kudos
TracyJ
Level 7

I clicked on the asterisk and instead of "remove channel" I have the option to "manage subscription." When I choose "manage subscription" I have the choices "cancel subscription" or "leave unchanged, exit."

Serial #: YY002K199540
Device ID: 4U9642199540
Version: 8.1.0
Build: 4131-17

I just tried cancelling the subscription and was able to remove the app. I removed it, power cycled the Roku, added it back, and still it launches, starts the loading circle and reverts to home screen. Now what?
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"TracyJ" wrote:
I clicked on the asterisk and instead of "remove channel" I have the option to "manage subscription." When I choose "manage subscription" I have the choices "cancel subscription" or "leave unchanged, exit."

Serial #: YY002K199540
Device ID: 4U9642199540
Version: 8.1.0
Build: 4131-17

I just tried cancelling the subscription and was able to remove the app. I removed it, power cycled the Roku, added it back, and still it launches, starts the loading circle and reverts to home screen. Now what?

When you log on to CBS, does it not allow you link your Roku? Of course, if they canceled the service, it depends on how long you have left on it. And it also depends on whether or not they'll let you renew the service you started via Roku. It might be worth contacting CBS, letting them know you canceled and removed as part of a troubleshooting process, and see what help they can offer.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
TracyJ
Level 7

Thank you for the reply, but the subscription to CBS is not the issue (I logged into Roku from my phone and immediately resubscribed). I can log into CB from my phone and watch live TV.

I cannot get the app to load from my Roku after deleting the app, power cycling the Roku, re-adding the app. It acts exactly the same. It launches, starts to load (blue circle in middle of screen), and then reverts to the Roku home screen.

Any other ideas? I am having the exact same issue with my other Roku in the bedroom. Are the Roku and CBS services not properly communicating with each other?
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

It certainly appears you've done everything properly to resolve the most common issues. 

I've not subscribed to content through Roku, so I'm not familiar with how the interface may change if that is the situation. Does the Options button (asterisk) pull up a menu that offers a "restore subscriptions" or any such? 

Apart from that, it does appear to be a communication issue, and a contact to CBS might be in order
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
thazelett11
Level 7

It seems like CBS not loading thru the Roku is not a CBS problem. I can get CBS thru my tablet and computer just not thru the Roku. I have tried everything and nothing has worked so far. CBS says its Roku Problem Roku says its CBS problem. I don't understand how it can be a CBS problem when I can get it on other devises. Sounds like CBS and Roku need to get together and figure out the problem. I do not have a fire stick to check and see if it is having problems yet. Has anyone tried that?
0 Kudos
niksmini
Level 7

Agreed! So frustrated with the same problem!!
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Is CBS the only channel that you observe this issue with? It's possible there may be an issue within the channel itself that the service provider will need to investigate.

Try removing the CBS channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the CBS channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

While watching a show on CBS it suddenly freezes, goes to the blue circle which goes around a few times, then finally the show starts again.  I've deleted the channel and rebooted.  No help.

0 Kudos