Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cbs all access not loading video

Hi. I have a Roku stick. Recently, I noticed that CBS All Access was updated and now when I go into the app, it loads all the content.  However, it now won't load the episode I desire to watch. It just continually loads. Then it seems like it freezes. I have contacted CBS through their website twice. No luck there. Any ideas on how I could fix this? I've restarted the Roku multiple times.

Thanks in advanced!
0 Kudos
26 Replies
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: cbs all access not loading video

Delete the app.  Reboot the Roku.  Reinstall the app.

Rebooting in between is important.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
kitgrimm
Level 7

Would love to try ROKUSHAWN's advice, but I don't know how. how do you delete and reinstall an app?
0 Kudos
Deviancy
Level 7

"kitgrimm" wrote:
Would love to try ROKUSHAWN's advice, but I don't know how. how do you delete and reinstall an app?

What you need to do is this..

1. Select the channel but don't hit ok, just highlight it.
2. Hit the asterisk key on your remote, this will bring up numerous options, you'll want the "remove channel" option so select that and hit "ok".
3. Power cycle the Roku by unplugging it and then plugging it back in
4. Find the channel by going to "Streaming channels", you'll probably find it under the news menu, then simply select it and re-add it.  

I assume your other channels are all loading alright?
0 Kudos
elitezen
Level 7

I did all of the above mentioned, and it still isn't loading my show. I get a black screen with the show's name, with the episode name under that, and below that the word "Retrieving" with a grey bar beside it. The show never loads. Ever since the updated the channel it has done this, and, well, the CBS All Access help section is the biggest joke there ever was. I am beginning to think that CBS All Access isn't worth having.
0 Kudos
Musicmporter
Level 7

I'm having the same issue with cbs all access since they have updated their app. First time it occured I did a soft reboot and then it worked fine until today. I tried the soft reboot that didnt work then I did what was suggested above and still not working! This is very frustrating.... I knew I should've finished the last 10 mins of Ransom last night lol
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

If deleting/rebooting/adding doesn't fix the issue, please post your serial number, DeviceID (if applicable), and your firmware version and build number (Settings > System > About).

Thanks.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Musicmporter
Level 7

Deleted/rebooted/added twice still didnt work

Serial # 5s56at264969
Version 7.5.0 build 4099-24
0 Kudos
mikepax
Level 7

Deleted/rebooted/added twice still didnt work

Den:
Model 4400X-Roku 4
Serial # YYOOA7655107
DeviceID  4U966A655107
Version 7.6.0  Build 4108-17

Bedroom:
Model 4200X-Roku 3
Serial # 1GS3AK0009779
DeviceID  none listed
Version 7.5.0  Build 4099-04
0 Kudos
mikeh77586
Level 7

I was having the same Issue.  My wife Contacted CBS  support and was told that ROKU issued an improper update without the approval of CBS interactive and that was the issue. we were told that a fix was in the works and would be coming in a few days.  Was also told that we could watch CBS interactive on any other device except ROKU and it would work fine.  
0 Kudos