Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

cannot add any channels using private access code

I have found that I cannot add any channels to my Roku device using the private access code. When I click on the code link from manage channels, it takes me to the page with the access code field (access code is already entered by default) and has a button that says "add channel". Clicking the add channel button does not work, the link appears to be a broken or dead link.

It usually prompts a dialogue window popup to confirm adding the channel. I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and how to resolve. It may be an issue on Roku's side, a bug perhaps and I have put a support email into Roku.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: cannot add any channels using private access code

Im not real clear on what youre doing specifically.

But I add all my Channels from https://channelstore.roku.com/browse

Ive had no problems.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am referring to private channels only. That are not public so they are not in the browse section.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

I tried adding a private channel a couple of days ago and had no problem. Perhaps their server was down temporarily. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Some of the private Channels are not supported and are blocked.

Roku just blocked all web Browsers.

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Can you clarify what you mean by blocking all web browsers? I'm not understanding 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I should add that this is happening across the board to every app in my account new and old. I have quite a few channels and every one of them when I go to the private access code link and click add channel, there is no action on the add channel button at all. it just does not respond, like a dead link... see screenshot for which button I am referring to Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 6.15.12 PM.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Roku (as of this morning probably) doesnt support any Browsers whereas it did not long ago.

They were available.

The private Channel you are trying to install probably has been abandoned or is unsupported or even blocked.

This happens. Some Channels are gone that infringed on copyright were a security risk or the owners blew themselves up. It has happened. A lot of these private Channels are flunky anyways, not all.

Highlighted
Level 7

I have added private channels before,now i have the same issue,nothing happens when i press add channel button....thats annoying

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Is there a Captcha showing up when you try to add the channel?  If not, that's the problem.  Try going to https://my.roku.com/account/add and enter the private channel code manually.  Don't use a link to add a private channel.  Roku screwed something up (they are aware of it).

-JT

0 Kudos