Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
celeste2

cannot add a channel with code

I am trying to add a channel with code. when I click add channel, it acts like it is going to load something and then just *doesn't*. Page looks exactly the same , so I click add channel again. Same thing, nothing. I do this like 10+ times and nothing its driving me nuts

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Vakko
Roku Guru

Re: cannot add a channel with code

Can you explain what channel your trying to add and which Roku model number you are using. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@celeste2,if you found some old code on the Internet it probably doesn't work anymore as private channels that required codes were removed months ago.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

As @renojim stated, Roku removed all private channel functionality earlier this year. If you found some code online, it won't work anymore. Roku still offers developers the ability to test channels with a private code, but they are limited both in the length of time they will work and the number of users that can install the channel. So the days of someone offering a Roku channel privately without being offered in the Roku channel store are gone.

The private channel function was not removed due to political or ideological purposes. Some people were offering content illegally, and it was placing Roku in a tenuous legal position. So they decided to remove the ability for all private channels, regardless of the content offered. The content removed spanned from one extreme to another, so no particular type of media was targeted. If anyone claims Roku did it because they wanted to remove any particular type of content, that is not accurate. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos