Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve48
Level 7

cannot add PBS - get invalid pin message

I am trying to add the PBS channel (I am a member) and I get the "invalid pin" message. I have tried changing my pin number, changing to pin number NOT required, and nothing works.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: cannot add PBS - get invalid pin message

Make sure you're using the right account when you log into https://my.roku.com .  The email address that shows up under Settings->System->About should match the email address you're using to log in.  More than one person has unwittingly created multiple Roku accounts.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

First question: When you go to Roku menu path Settings > System > About, is the email address shown for your account the same as you are using to log in when you set your PIN?  If not, you are setting the PIN on a different account than your Roku is linked to.

Second question:  I don't have a PBS subscription so I don't know, but does PBS give you its own PIN that might be requested instead of a Roku PIN?

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Do not ask me support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos
makaiguy

@renojim- You beat me to the punch again, Jimbo!

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Do not ask me support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos