Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

can't sign into National Geographic channel

Jump to solution

I subscribe to the digital version of National Geographic, mainly to watch the Roku channel. The last 3 days it won't let me sign in to the channel. I get a message-We're sorry the Nat Geo account system is temporarily unavailable.  I emailed them 3 days ago and got a generated email back. It gave me a case number and said they're working on it. Still won't work today. Called the only number I could find on the website. The lady said it has to be a Roku problem. Anybody help?  Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: can't sign into National Geographic channel

Jump to solution

@larryslade 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support once again to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the National Geographic channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@larryslade 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support once again to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the National Geographic channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I could only talk to the subscription section on National geographic. That's all I could find. She said it was most likely a Roku problem. I'll give your advice a shot and let you know. Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Turns out Verizon switched the National Geographic into the new Disney channel bundle. Thanks for the help

0 Kudos