Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riddlemeleft66
Level 7

can't add hbomax channel on roku hd device even though its paid for

I have older Roku products- an HD 2500x device & a Roku2 XS 3100x device and i have not been able to add the hbomax channel to my device even though I've been paying for the channel for an entire month. Any ideas or advice? Thank you for your time and consideration

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: can't add hbomax channel on roku hd device even though its paid for

HBO wrote the Roku their HBO MAX app to use the features of Roku software version 9.4 and higher.

The 2500 and 3100 are very old by today's standards and can't run the latest Roku software versions so they are no longer receiving system updates.   The last fully distributed version is 9.4 and version 10 is currently bring rolled out. The last Roku version your models should have received was version 9.1.  You can confirm your Roku software version via Settings > System > About.

There are others besides HBO MAX that these models can't run.  As more new channel apps are written for the enhanced capabilities of newer models, and as older apps get updated there will be even more.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos