Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

can not add Apple TV with the Roku 3600X. Do I need to get a new Roku and which one should I get?

My Roku 3600X is apparently not supported with Apple TV app.    I do not have smart tv fyi.    I Want to install Apple TV.  What Roku should I upgrade to?      Why doesn't 3600X work?     

The channels I use basically are amazon, netflix, hulu, spectrum, hbo, showtime and I definately want Apple TV.  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 15

Re: can not add Apple TV with the Roku 3600X. Do I need to get a new Roku and which one should I g

Older models don't have the horsepower to run some of the newer channels.  It will just get worse in the future.  Here's a list of models that support Apple TV:  https://support.roku.com/article/360036652634

-JT

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: can not add Apple TV with the Roku 3600X. Do I need to get a new Roku and which one should I g

The 3600X is only 3 years old. The newest Roku 2 is 4 years old, has the same amount of memory and runs at 900 Mhz, the same as the 3600X but supports Apple TV, why is this! It's ridiculous that hardware that is only 3 years old won't support the app!

Highlighted
Level 7

Ridiculous. The Roku 2 and 3 are older than my Roku 4, but they support Apple TV. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos