Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lcabell
Reel Rookie

beIN Sports Connect channel doesn’t work

Jump to solution

The beIN Sports Connect channel doesn't work on my Roku regardless of the many times I’ve tried to sign in, download, and re-download the app. I’m curious what the point is of including an app that consistently fails to work in any capacity.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
laurencemorel
Reel Rookie

Re: beIN Sports Connect channel doesn’t work

Jump to solution

Finally an answer from beIn:

"We are sorry about the inconvenience this situation has caused. Please know that Roku has recently launched a new version of their OS that has affected our signal on these devices, therefore, Roku is not currently available for our users in North America; we are already working with them on getting a resolution as soon as possible so you can have our content again soon.

In the meantime you can stream our content via Chromecast devices, beIN SPORTS CONNECT app for mobile devices and our website from your computer. We appreciate your patience and understanding."

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
25 REPLIES 25
Gie

Jump to solution

I haven't been able to stream any beIN Sports content on my Roku Devices since October. I've reached out to them and they haven't been able to give me an answer. All they could tell me is that they are having a lot of issues with Roku Devices and that they don't have any update at the moment

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Lcabell @Gie,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community! We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help:

• Are you being prompted with an error message? 
  • Are all other streaming channels playing content normally?

@Lcabell, please make sure to restart your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful.

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support. Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Jaime1

Jump to solution

Same problem been trying to activate it.  It won't let me any solution to this.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jaime1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What was the error message when attempting to activate the channel? With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
jonnygenge
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello- I am experiencing the same issue. I installed BEIN Sports Connect today. The interface load properly, but when I select any of the videos to play, I get the magic circle that suggests the video is loading, but then it boots me back to the previous list without playing the video.

There are no error messages, the video simply won't play once it seems it is loading. I am hoping this can be resolved ASAP as I downloaded the Roku App to watch the upcoming African Cup of Nations. Since it's a Roku App that isn't playing Roku content, I trust this can be accomplished. For the record, all other streaming services work on the Roku box, and the BEIN Sports content streams fine on my laptop.

Thanks!

- Jonathan

0 Kudos
mficht

Jump to solution

Same issue here. Plays ad fine then loops back to the channel selection page after saying loading video. So much for being able to watch AFCON.

Pillys

Jump to solution

Exactly the same thing is happening to me. Downloaded the BeIN sports app on Roku and won’t play any videos. I need to get this sorted for the upcoming AFCON. Thanks 

laurencemorel
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here 

0 Kudos
Bindero
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue as the rest. I called BEIN and said the problem is on their end and they are working on getting it fixed.  Not confident it will be fixed soon, Only got it for the AFCON and will dump it afterwards, totally useless app for ROKU.