Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deb_ack
Streaming Star

Re: Apple TV App - Video Unavailable

Jump to solution

Thanks, but I've tried all those things and much more.  I even set up a new Apple TV account and received the same error on the living room TV when logged into that new account.

Lorenkh
Reel Rookie

Re: apple tv+ videos not available

Jump to solution

This “solved” my issue with Apple TV video not available. I have to do it EVERY time. It’s annoying. 

Jackie11
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem with Roku Express. I did contact Apple support and they said the problem is not with Apple but with Roku. 

SheriDL
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Except, why do all the other streaming apps work on Roku? If Roku is doing something wrong, shouldn't Apple be troubleshooting with them?? Thankfully mine works after having followed others' advice before on this string. If you don't have any Apple devices it won't work, tho, since Apple wants verification from your iPad or iPhone, etc.

Jackie11
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have 2 Apple devices and a smart tv that have I no problem watching Apple TV on. The problem is with the tv that the Roku Express is connected to. I have tried all the ‘troubleshooting fixes’ that have been recommended and nothing has worked. When I contacted Apple support they submitted my claim and said it was not on their end and unless a high number of customers reported the same issue it might not be resolved. 

SheriDL
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That's awful...I hope that if anyone else is experiencing this same issue they'll report to Apple and Roku as you have done.

Jump to solution

oh my gosh. this hack to switch to stereo on digital on my rook 3600 worked!!! I have tried everything else.

0 Kudos
CurmudgeonBoy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When every streaming service in the world plays fine on Roku except Apple, it seems obvious the problem is on Apple’s side.

I tried all the solutions posted in this thread multiple times, including installing a new Roku streaming stick, and NONE of them work. 

However I just discovered that when I get the dreaded “Video Not Available”, if I open the Apple TV app on my iPad and start playing a program, and then start Apple TV on Roku, it will play. Seems crazy, but it works.

0 Kudos