Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SheriDL
Channel Surfer

Re: apple tv+ videos not available

Jump to solution

I am saying that initially when trying to get things working it was looking for validation from an Apple device. I have an old iPad I rarely use, and noticed a message would pop up on it looking to validate. Because it's been a while I can't recount specifics, but remembered thinking, wow, can't watch AppleTV+ without being some kind of Apple user. Of course, Apple blames Roku, but as you can see from other responses, Roku doesn't appear to be the problem.  You will read how when people "got it going" on their Mac or iPad first, the TV app would clear.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@smokininkman @SheriDL 

I think Apple's two-factor authentication may be entering into it. And that usually means authenticating against a device logged in to the same Apple account. But if you were to log in to iCloud.com and then attempt to connect your Roku, if it asks for you to approve on the other device, you may be able to do that from your Web browser. Just already be logged in.

Unless of course I'm remembering wrong, or they changed.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
smokininkman
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply, but this did not work either.

I get the Apple TV home page, but when I click on ANY show, it says there is a problem with the internet connection, which there is not.

I guess I just won't be able to take advantage of my free year.

I was never an apple  person anyway.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

IMG_1826.jpg

Same result. Posting this using my same internet. Please don't tell me the problem is my internet. Tried resetting, tried dolby.   This keeps happening. 

0 Kudos
Dvrslave
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Apple claims Roku is the problem and Roku claims Apple is the problem and neither one of them are willing to do anything to correct it. The only fix/work around that came up in these threads that actually works is you need to start the show or movie on your phone/tablet/laptop & once you get past the intro ad for another show and previosly on/intro to the show you pause it & exit (I usually go in a few minutes) then open up Apple TV+ on your Roku and you can resume it from there. So long as there is not a preview ad it will continue playing the next episode. The issue lies with those preview ads that run before the content you are trying to watch. It's a bit of a pain but it's better than having to hook my laptop up to my TV.

0 Kudos
chrisland1966
Reel Rookie

Re: Apple TV App - Video Unavailable

Jump to solution

I changed it to every different setting and none of them worked

0 Kudos
smokininkman
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have just given up!

0 Kudos
DangerD1

Re: Apple TV app not working: Problem loading content

Jump to solution

I have removed channel, restarted Roku system and reinstalled Apple TV and I still do not get some shows. I have the newer Roku express 4k plus and I am tired of jumping through hoops. Trying to watch FOR ALL MANKIND it will not play season 1 episode one but episode 2 plays just fine....CRAZY!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@chrisland1966

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@smokininkman @DangerD1 

Thanks for the follow up.

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos