Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kdwoolfe
Reel Rookie

Re: apple tv+ videos not available

Jump to solution

I have a 1080p TV and my four Roku devices are all Streaming stick + (3810X). Two of my Roku sticks worked and two didn't. Same problem - Some Apple TV programs didn't work intermittently, particularly The Morning Show and sometimes Mythic Quest.

I'm not sure if this is a solution or just a temporary fix or random luck one time.

I tried both of the Roku setting changes suggested here by others (display and audio). I set the Roku display setting to my TV's native resolution (1080p), I then set the audio to Stereo (it was Auto Detect). I tested the Morning Show and it still had "video not available." I then did a hard Roku reset (which I had done before all of this) and it now seems to work reliably (for today).

I did this same procedure with my second "bad" Roku stick and it also now works. I wouldn't bet that this combination is a cure (it could have been just the reset of the Roku) but....I'll report back if things change.

0 Kudos
asn410

Jump to solution

Thank you. Worked for me also.

0 Kudos
KBDixon

Jump to solution

Holy cow!! That works!!!

0 Kudos
kdwoolfe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I accidentally did a factory reset on my Roku and the Apple TV "video no available" problem returned. So I did the same procedure setting video and audio manually as I previously described and it fixed the problem again so I think this is a real fix (if it can be called a fix).

Escapen

Jump to solution

OMG!!!! It’s working using this dolby selection. Go figure. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Thanks!!!!

0 Kudos
smokininkman
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I recieved an offer for free Apple TV+ for a year. Installed the app. Registered an account. THe main page comes up, but when I click on any movie or show, it says "problem with internet connection."

There IS no prob;em with the connection. I have hulu+TV and netflix and all work fine.

Contacted Apple, and they say the problem lies with Roku.

help!

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@smokininkman 

First, rule out issues with the app download or data. Clear it out this way. First, log out of the app if you can. Then:

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

All three steps in that order. Does that clear it up?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
SheriDL
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

exactly...and anyone who doesn't have at least one Apple device (iPhone, iPad, etc.) is S.O.L., because that app wants permission from a verified Apple user

0 Kudos
smokininkman
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Have done all that to no avail.

0 Kudos
smokininkman
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I don,t have any apple device, but did set up an apple account.

Are you saying the situation is hopeless?

It makes no sense that it brings up the home page and all the imiges, but nothing will play.

0 Kudos