Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BuySomeBitcoin
Reel Rookie

Re: apple tv+ videos not available

Jump to solution

Yeah I really wish Apple would fix their app, so we didn't have to do that workaround. Glad to hear that fix / workaround helps at least 1 person!! And hellllooo Apple, you need to fix your Apple TV+ app for Roku.

Jump to solution

Thank you.  This worked!

0 Kudos
lidianams

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

It is mesmerizing that this issue has been going on for so long and neither Roku nor Apple + have come up with a fix yet.

I have tried every single one of the hacks suggested in this thread for the past couple of months and it is quite a hit and miss. Sometimes they work (especially the one of starting the episode on my computer and then try to continue watching it on Roku), and sometimes no matter how many times I try, nothing helps (no Airplay, no changing display settings, no using the computer... nothing!)

I even spent two days with Apple support, to the point that they said that they had tried all the troubleshooting options they had, so the problem had to be with Roku. Then I spent two weeks emailing back and forth with Roku support for in the end they tell me "Yeah, there is nothing we can do. Contact Apple" even though I told them 100 times I was talking to them because Apple + had told me too.

So, both Apple+ and Roku should show a little bit of respect for their customers and work together to solve an ongoing problem that clearly has been affected many users of their services.

0 Kudos
SheriDL
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Agree with you...the only solution I found was logging on to AppleTV+ on my iPad for a few seconds (as another person mentioned), which apparently loosens up the cyber cobwebs - and then going back to the app within ROKU on the TV, it then clears up and works...so if someone is not already an Apple customer on another device, I think they're SOL until they get this fixed...it has to be some kind of security setting related to people's identity, imo.

0 Kudos
BuySomeBitcoin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes it's a security setting or a temporary token. This is most likely an Apple TV issue, not Roku IMO.

0 Kudos
bobuilt

Jump to solution

This works for me as well. Make sure to watch whatever you're watching past any "skip recap"/"skip to episode" features. This is maybe what is messing things up. Once I get to just plain old episode content, it works for me. 

0 Kudos
DCLeaves

Re: Apple TV App - Video Unavailable

Jump to solution

Where did you make that change? from 4k HDR 60hz to 4k 60hz. I can't find it under settings.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Juanmp10
Reel Rookie

Re: Apple TV App - Video Unavailable

Jump to solution

Display Type

0 Kudos
shoppingdocs
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This chain is over a year old, but worked for me today (09/08/21) following lead of many replies I changed my video settings in roku (not apple tv app) from auto to 1080 (there was no p or i option on mine).  Yes 1080 as my Toshiba TV is 9 years old.  It didn't work the first time.  Messed with Apple TV location settings, Apple TV allow diagnostics settings, roku audio settings, unplugging / replugging HDMI cable, few reboots through out, still nothing.  Finally changed to 720, then back to 1080 and bam, working.  Returned all other setting to where they were.  Apple location and diagnostics Off, Roku audio back to auto.  --- My theory is there is code trying to detect inline HDIM capture.  
Hey Apple fix this stuff, over 18 months of post indicates a true issue, and we all know you can afford to throw some money at it.

0 Kudos
Zario
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This worked. Thank you! I used app on my phone for 2 minutes then went to Roku and continued playing!

0 Kudos