Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ricardovr22
Reel Rookie

Re: apple tv+ videos not available

Jump to solution

Hi

I brouthI bought a Roku Ultra LT and I haven't had any problems with most channels (Netflix, Disney +, Youtube, etc.) However, I can't watch videos on Apple, every time I select something, I get the error "Video not available

I have tried different solutions such as:

* Turn off auto detect video on the Roku settings and change it to 1080 (that my tv resolution)
* Turning Auto Adjust display refresh rate from auto to off in Advanced Display Settings
* And obviously, delete the app and reinstall after resetting the Roku.

However, I still have the problem

Any suggestions?

Btw, the especific model is 4662RW and the OS version is 9.4.0

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ricardovr22

Thanks for the post.

If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps provided in this thread, I'd recommend reaching out to Apple TV directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Apple TV channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://support.apple.com/apple-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Saxplayerz3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yeah it’s been over a month and nothing done on my case with Apple either. So no that’s not a fix either!

ricardovr22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

As the moods can see, this is an issue that not only affects me, but several users. Many have contacted Apple but have had no response. It would be nice if Roku contacts Apple and tries to fix it togheter One of the reasons I chose Roku over other brands was the ability to use Apple+.....

DonP1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I actually did file a bug with Apple on this some months ago, for what it's worth.  (Although I can't find it right now on their site, partly because they have no function to search for my own posts.)

Saxplayerz3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Still not working. Apple support seems to have quit responding about the issue. Oh joy! 

0 Kudos
BuySomeBitcoin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

THIS IS MY FIX - I logged into my Apple TV+ account online (https://www.apple.com/apple-tv-plus/) and started to watch a video (for just a few seconds) that was not playing on my Roku App. Then I switched back to my Roku app on my TV, and it played. Fixed; done. Also, I have an Apple TV device in another room. I played a video (for just a few seconds), then switched back to my Roku app on my other TV, and it played. Nothing else worked for me that I read here.

Now, that said, I think it's fair to conclude this is a problem with Apple and their Apple TV app. Just my opinion.

Flyinace2000
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@BuySomeBitcoin This also worked for me in the past.  I would use the AppleTV app on my iPhone, play for 2 -5 seconds, then it would magically work on the Roku AppleTV app.  

rwoodcock3
Reel Rookie

Re: Apple TV App - Video Unavailable

Jump to solution

You are a life saver! I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure this out on my new Samsung TV.

Dvrslave
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

That works for me sometimes but not always & it isn't actually a fix but rather a workaround. As an Android User I cant use my phone. I have to boot up my laptop to start playing a show and then go to my Roku and see if it'll load and keep playing that game over and over. I finally just hooked up my laptop to my TV and binged Ted Lasso & then canceled the channel. It's too much hassle.