Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flyinace2000
Binge Watcher

Re: apple tv+ videos not available

Jump to solution

@Dvrslave wrote:

@Flyinace2000 that's a Roku setting. It didn't work for me though, nor did any of the other suggestions. The issue comes & goes for me on all of my Roku models.

Also, what Panasonic Plasma do you have?  Mine is the ST30 (55”).  Are you also running your through an AVR or direct to the TV?

0 Kudos
Dvrslave
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Flyinace2000 I don't have a Panasonic Plasma I have a Vizio LED & a Spectre LED, I have the issue on both. My rokus are directly connected to my TVs via HDMI & ethernet and the issue persists no matter what Roku or TV I'm using. I think it's pretty safe to say that the television itself has nothing to do with it...it's Roku &/or Apple TV channel specific issue.  Last night I was able to watch 1 episode on the Ultra that didn't work earlier, today I'm unable to watch on the Premiere+ that I watched 2 episodes n last night before it stopped working.

Flyinace2000
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Might have a fix.

When i get the error I’ve unplugged the HDMI cable from my AV Reciever, waited 5 seconds, then re-connected.  When i re-try the video it will play. This has worked twice now.  I’ve also decided to replace ALL of the HDMI cables in my system to avoid this error.  

0 Kudos
kcholt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

On the Apple TV+ app on my Roku Express 3900X I am unable to watch some programs (Servant, Earth at Night in Color, The Morning Show) but am able to watch others (Greyhound, Wolfwalkers, Ted Lasso). The display type was not on auto detect and there is no "advanced display settings" that I can find. I spent almost an hour earlier today talking to 4 different people at Apple and they ended up just referring me to Roku, which apparently has turned their entire customer service operations over to its customers (hi guys). I have deleted the app, restarted Roku, re-loaded the app and signed back in over a dozen times. I have unplugged the Roku, unplugged the HDMI cables, stood on my head and pointed the remote directly at an eclipse. Nothing has worked. This is crazy....

Flyinace2000
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

That sucks,  Just curious, how old are your HDMI cables?  Are you directly plugged into a TV or AV Reciever?

0 Kudos
kcholt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Don't know how old the cables are. They are plugged directly into the TV.

Had a hunch and I started playing an episode of Servant on my laptop. Then went to Roku and I was able to play it just fine, even "rewind" it to the beginning. It just gets weirder and weirder huh? Bonkers.

0 Kudos
Dvrslave
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It really is hit-or-miss for me sometimes shows play other times they don't so if I want to watch & it doesn't work the first try, I hook my laptop up to my TV and watch it that way, I don't want to waste all this time screwing around & changing rooms/cables/devices, etc. I definitely won't be keeping this channel, too much hassle, it will be a subscribe, binge, cancel for me!

0 Kudos
jmattbuck

Re: Apple TV App - Video Unavailable

Jump to solution

That worked for me, too! Thank you!

0 Kudos
Flyinace2000
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@jmattbuck wrote:

That worked for me, too! Thank you!

What worked?

also got my new cables in. So far no issues. Will report back in a week or so. 

MichaelJohnScot
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm glad it worked out for you.

0 Kudos