Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmilano

apple tv+ videos not available

Jump to solution

My Roku player is saying episode 2 of Defending Jacob is not available, but it is. why can't I view it? 

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: apple tv+ videos not available

Jump to solution

@kmilano @RkUser119 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Apple TV+ support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Apple TV+ support here: https://support.apple.com/tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

BuySomeBitcoin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

THIS IS MY FIX - I logged into my Apple TV+ account online (https://www.apple.com/apple-tv-plus/) and started to watch a video (for just a few seconds) that was not playing on my Roku App. Then I switched back to my Roku app on my TV, and it played. Fixed; done. Also, I have an Apple TV device in another room. I played a video (for just a few seconds), then switched back to my Roku app on my other TV, and it played. Nothing else worked for me that I read here.

Now, that said, I think it's fair to conclude this is a problem with Apple and their Apple TV app. Just my opinion.

deb_ack
Streaming Star

Re: Apple TV App - Video Unavailable

Jump to solution

I could not load episode 6 of Black Bird.  I have tried everything found at Google about this problem, and then I changed the Roku Display settings from 1080p to Auto Detect.  The episode then loaded with no problem.  

I should mention that I had started this episode on another Vizio TV with Roku in another room, and then was able to open episode 6 at the point where it was at on the other TV.  I'm not sure which of these actions fixed the problem.

Updated post:  Please see my next post, stating that these solutions did not work the next time I had this problem.

0 Kudos
137 REPLIES 137
RkUser119

Apple TV App - Video Unavailable

Jump to solution

I’ve had Apple TV+ for a few months now. All of a sudden, I can’t watch anything longer than a trailer on it. I have the Roku Ultra device. I can play things on my phone and on my iPad, but not on my TV through my Ultra device. Whenever I try, it says, “Video Unavailable”. I’ve tried removing the app and re-adding it, and I’ve tried rebooting my Roku device. Nothing. This has been happening now for 3 days. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@kmilano @RkUser119 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Apple TV+ support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Apple TV+ support here: https://support.apple.com/tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Techrules
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi,

I had this same issue and was able to resolve by turning off auto detect video on the Roku settings.

I changed my setting from 4k HDR 60hz to 4k 60hz. I was able to play all videos after this change 

MichaelJohnScot
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That worked! Thanks.

MichaelJohnScot
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had the same problem.  It would load fine on my bedroom TV but wouldn't load beyond Channel One on my main TV unless I logged in with my Apple Password, and purchased another subscription.  I can only assume you have to pay for each TV.  I'm using the latest ROKU.

0 Kudos
MichaelJohnScot
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

P.S. I meant beyond the Pilot, Episode One. 

0 Kudos
Zzyzx

Jump to solution

That did the trick for me. Thanks!

CB20

Jump to solution

Hi, where did you change the seetings?

0 Kudos
Techrules
Channel Surfer