Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luciandf
Level 7

amazon prime video in romania

Hello all,

I have just received my Roku Premiere (International edition) in Romania and it is great. I bought it mostly for netflix (which works great), youtube and amazon prime video. The prime video service has been released in Romania for some time now and I have a subscription for it, however when I try to install the Amazon Prime Video Channel it fails to install.

Can anyone help me with this? I have literally just started using this player no more than 2 hours ago!

Cheers
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: amazon prime video in romania

"luciandf" wrote:
Hello all,

I have just received my Roku Premiere (International edition) in Romania and it is great. I bought it mostly for netflix (which works great), youtube and amazon prime video. The prime video service has been released in Romania for some time now and I have a subscription for it, however when I try to install the Amazon Prime Video Channel it fails to install.

Can anyone help me with this? I have literally just started using this player no more than 2 hours ago!

Cheers

Roku is not supported everywhere. The list of supported countries is on the Roku home page. In Europe, only UK and France are listed.

Some services, including Amazon, only allow their Roku apps to be installed in countries where Roku is officially supported, regardless of whether or not the service is otherwise available. That is a decision by the service, Amazon in this case.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
luciandf
Level 7

Re: amazon prime video in romania

Interesting! It does seem a bit misleading that when I buy the Roku Premiere, amazon tells me I have to get the international version in order to get the best service and then on the box I see that amazon prime video is available but I cannot install it. I guess amazon is king and that's that...
Thank you for clarifying the situation!

Any idea when more countries will be added to the support list?
0 Kudos