Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

amazon prime via roku won't play IMDb for free

Jump to solution

roku won't play Amazon Prime IMDb (with commercials) free. Screen doesn't give option to watch free with commercials.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: amazon prime via roku won't play IMDb for free

Jump to solution

@avpriorlake 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Amazon Prime Video support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Amazon Prime Video support here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SY6AQJV45JFMET

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: amazon prime via roku won't play IMDb for free

Jump to solution

@avpriorlake 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Amazon Prime Video support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Amazon Prime Video support here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SY6AQJV45JFMET

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Very frustrated by inability to watch IMDB TV on my Roku device.  I have Amazon Prime membership.  Have attempted a few times to watch programs on IMDB...I choose the free with ads option! They begin & then stop about 1 minute into it.  No message or explanation as to why.  

I can watch on another TV via my XFinity box.  So why not via my Roku player?

Can ROKU fix this please??  

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: IMDB TV

Jump to solution

IMBD tv is only for amazon  fire sticks, its amazon's answer to the Roku's Roku Ch. You can't get the the Roku Ch on fire sticks, and you can't get IMBD tv on Roku streamers. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Jump to solution

@Tivoburkee wrote:

IMBD tv is only for amazon  fire sticks, its amazon's answer to the Roku's Roku Ch. You can't get the the Roku Ch on fire sticks, and you can't get IMBD tv on Roku streamers. 

Wrong. It's a section within the Prime Video channel.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11

Jump to solution

@kenai61 wrote:

Very frustrated by inability to watch IMDB TV on my Roku device.  I have Amazon Prime membership.  Have attempted a few times to watch programs on IMDB...I choose the free with ads option! They begin & then stop about 1 minute into it.  No message or explanation as to why.  

Thank you!!

I don't have Prime. I was looking this morning to see what might be available there free via IMDB, but couldn't really do anything without logging in to Amazon (I don't have Prime, but have used Amazon). After reading your post, I logged in to amazon.com/mytv, activated 3 Roku Ultras, and I've been watching an episode free with ads, no problem. I guess I'll look around Prime for a bit and see if I want to try out a subscription. But IMDBtv has been streaming about 1/2 hr so far with no problem.

Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

I'm sorry for the mis-information, I was referring to stand alone app, but yes it is available through the amazon prime app. I do have amazon always, and IMDB Tv is listed amongst my amazon channels, but I only used it once to watch a single episode of Rockford Files. Sorry but I can't stand commercials. Smiley Happy

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@kenai61 

Thanks for the post.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

@kenai61 wrote:

Nothing Roku can do about it. That is under the complete control of Amazon. Roku is simply the platform that online providers use to make their content available. And since Amazon sells a competing product (Fire TV), it's possible they won't make everything they offer available on competing devices. 

As to functionality that the channel appears to have but is not working correctly, again that is something that Amazon has to address. Roku does not create or support the channels available on their devices, other than the Roku Media Player and The Roku Channel. They are responsible for those two.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

thank you!!   miraculously, it worked that night.  hopefully the glitch is resolved.

0 Kudos