Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

amazon prime redesign

I am not a fan of the Prime redesign:   #1 - the ability to  resume watching has been eliminated.  Now forced have to watch from the beginning.  #2  descriptions of actors, etc has been eliminated.  I want more information so I can decide whether to watch.    Maybe I need to drop Roku and buy Amazon Fire.   #3 on my smaller TV screens the full description of the show cannot be viewed.   It cuts it off and no ability to put cursor over the description to expand it.    Roku - please do NOT issue these redesigns without proofing them.  Horrible.

33 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: amazon prime redesign

Each channel creates, provides, and maintains its own app to stream their channel to the Roku, as well as deciding and programming its features. Roku only provides the platform on which the 3rd party channel apps run. You should direct your questions and concerns to the channel. (Exceptions are the two channels provided by Roku, The Roku Channel and Roku Media Player. For these you should contact Roku.)
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
Highlighted
Level 8

Agreed on the missing actors and short descriptions.   Screen size doesn't seem to matter for the description being truncated.  

Resume works for me.  

There is a bug where if you try to search, you can't leave the search.   Like the back button does nothing.

I do like the new features for skipping ahead and rewind.   Now works much more consistent with my expectations for Roku apps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

What version of the app? Hit the * key on the main screen when Prime is highlighted. I currently have 11.2 and notice no differences. X-Ray is still there on titles that support it. Resume still works.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

@andyross wrote:

What version of the app? Hit the * key on the main screen when Prime is highlighted. I currently have 11.2 and notice no differences. X-Ray is still there on titles that support it. Resume still works.

I haven't seen any changes yet here, either, and I'm still on Prime Video 11.2 also.  I wonder if this is something you only get with Roku firmware 9.3 -- I'm still on 9.2.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

No difference between 9.2 on my Express, or 9.3 on my Roku4.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Prime video 11.2 build 2020032710

Roku 9.3

I don't know when the change happened but it was recently.   An elderly friend called me the other day  complaining that her prime video wasn't logged in anymore and when I talked her through that, she further complained that the show she was watching was missing.    I helper her locate it, but I could tell something must be different abut the app to confuse her like this.   

So I figured it must have been an update.    Later that day I figured I'd try watching prime.   At first it looked the same.  No obvious change to the main browsing interface.   But the episode detail screen and playback controls are obviously different to me from how it had been for years.

Highlighted
Level 8

@andyross wrote: X-Ray is still there on titles that support it. 

Yes x-ray works, but the detail screens no longer show actors or director or full description.   And the review stars are all grey.  The stars used to be yellow.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am also having trouble with the Prime app on my Sharp Roku TV. It is logging me out multiple times per day and requiring me to re-register my device. It is also asking if I am still watching way more frequently, sometimes after watching only one episode of a show. This is super frustrating. I first noticed the difference yesterday. Looks like I am running the 11.2 version. Any help or advice for this would be appreciated!

Highlighted
Level 9

The biggest problem I have with the new Prime UI is there is only one fast forward / rewind speed, and it's way too fast to do much of anything useful. Anyone else notice this?

BTW, I have three Roku's in operation and all are running the latest Prime Video build (11.2 - 2020032710) as well as the latest Roku version (different builds, depending on model). Interestingly, only the Roku Ultra 4660 (circa 2017) has the new Amazon user interface. I have an Express+ 3910 (also 2017) and an older Roku-3 4200 (circa 2013) and they both have the old user interface. I force-checked both devices for Roku and Prime Video firmware updates and both devices have the latest builds for Prime and Roku firmware. So my guess is that neither of these devices is compatible with the requirements of the new Prime Video user interface.

My Express+ has the same CPU as my Ultra (which as I said, does have new UI), but it has half as much memory. In this case, that's a GOOD thing!   I'm moving the Express+ back to my primary A/V center cuz I simply cannot tolerate the high-speed FF/RW!